• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

On a quest for music dowloads

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

blakehenry00

How hard is it to find a good music site that let's you pay a monthly fee, AND let's you burn cd's. Does anyone know of one? I have Zune currenty. And drm-free would be a plus too. :)

Emusic FTW. You'll not find Brittany Spears there, but they have the largest online collection of indy, alternative, jazz, blues and classical you're likely to find anywhere, DRM-Free VBR MP3s and did I mention they're cheap?

+1 for Amazon IF you're buying albums; their MP3 downloads for individual tracks are too expensive IMHO.

Do either of those sites have an unlimited monthly plan? I kind of need that. I do a lot of shows for people and it would be nice to have a flat monthly fee. :) but great sites, amazon and emusic. I'll keep them in mind if I can't find any other. Oh yeah, sometimes I have to download 20 albums a month and that wouldn't be too pretty... :beer:

I use Napster... unlimited downloads but there are restrictions on how and what the music is played on... They have a plan specifically for removable devices like the ipod or zune, I think it's 14.95 a month or so... 7 day free trial, check it out might be what you are looking for.

Just got done trying napster. I found a program that strips the drm but i'd rather do it the legal way. Looks like amazon is the way to go...

Just got done trying napster. I found a program that strips the drm but i'd rather do it the legal way. Looks like amazon is the way to go...

Yeah, I don't pull the music off the computer as I stream to the stereo for the whole house. In the car I usually don't have any reason to listen to CD's...
They do have DRM free music for purchase. My DRM free music I usually buy through Walmart... They ARE DRM free...

Back