• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

looking into some modding....need some advice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hannibal00

I am looking into buying some case mods, mostly 3 window kits (top, two sides) from www.pcmods.com and a neon light or two, maybe a golden orb for my vid card, dont need it now tho. My case is a Full tower from Antec(black) (enermax PSU 330W) so what tools do I need to drill the holes etc and open up the case?

Specs:
Athlon XP 1900+
Radeon 8500DV
512MB DDR SDRAM PCI 2100
80gigs WD 7200rpm
Soundblaster XGamer
XP Home
17'' viewsonic

just a simple retangle side window kit for now..then another one and a top window kit sometime in the future. thanx!

My fav tool is the Dremel MultiPro I used it to cut my window and a blowhole I heard some people really like jigsaws and holesaws and such I never used them If you could try out the tools first that would be great Use whatever feels more comfprtable to u and wear safety glasses

*edit* you could also plan the window out yourself and buy some plexi and some molding thats what I did and the the total cost was $1.85 for the plexi from Home Depot and am still waiting for some molding You can find some online for about $5 a foot but hardware stores are much cheaper
Good luck!

geez mike, I hate it when I try to help someone out and make a post and someone just HAS to go a hit the nail on the head and just takes the words right out of my mouth. So then I can't really help cause all I'd do is repeat what the guy above me said. CRAP.
LOL, no really...I agree with mike totally, and just remember hannibal...the best mod you will ever have is one that was well planned. Make sure you know exactly what you want, and it will be hard for it to not turn out perfect.

Good luck.

and remember the carpenter's golden rule, measure a thousand times, and only cut once.

for tools, if you have some dough layin around and want a nice tool for modding, get the Rotozip Revolution kit, it's the top line Rotozip they sell, it has all the stuff you'll need and much more. here's some details:

http://www.rotozip.net/

AntiHeiss said:
geez mike, I hate it when I try to help someone out and make a post and someone just HAS to go a hit the nail on the head and just takes the words right out of my mouth. So then I can't really help cause all I'd do is repeat what the guy above me said. CRAP.
LOL, no really...I agree with mike totally, and just remember hannibal...the best mod you will ever have is one that was well planned. Make sure you know exactly what you want, and it will be hard for it to not turn out perfect.

Good luck.

:D

Back