• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Games that work/don't work on windows 7rc

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
TF2 works fine. However... I've had some problems settings resolution and aspect ratio with it (Widescreen leaves black borders like I'm running in on a standard 4:3 display not a 16:10 display). Even with compatibility modes.

It could be that I"m using older drivers.. but it could also be that Windows 7 hates me and wants to take away my ability to have fun.

doesnt happen for me, using the latest cats 9.4 with my 4890, prior i had a 4850 and cats 8.9 to cat 9.3's.

Im playing HL2 Epone and I am getting random blue screens. Played many hrs of farcry2 with current settings with no problems. Windows 7 build 7100.

Im going to go back to vista in a minute here =)

doesnt happen for me, using the latest cats 9.4 with my 4890, prior i had a 4850 and cats 8.9 to cat 9.3's.

Yeah, it seems like it could be a driver issue. Unfortunately I'm stuck with it until my HD4830 arrives. Damn ATI and making my card a legacy adapter (still a good card though).

Not using W7, but have a friend that has issues with Crysis - he can play the game, but changing settings crashes it.

Oh I see so it's not in beta form but it still has beta behavior. Is that correct?

its in RC status which is "potential to be a final product" further testing and QA is done in RC and minor updates given when needed. there will probably be a RC2 them RTM(release to manufacturing) or going gold. soon after that it hits shelves and gets preloaded on new Dells.

W7-x64

Simcity 4 works
Medal of Honor Airborne works

My left4dead crashes to desktop on 7 RC - 64

I know several people, myself included running 64-bit 7 RC and playing this game with no issues - not saying you aren't having issues but it may be driver related.

I'm using the ATI driver Win7 comes with for ATI Legacy cards (X1900XT).

Has anyone tried the original NWN yet?Also wondering if dosbox works.I am getting 7 from MS right now to test it and see if it will work will all my old archaic software.But if NWN is out of the question then I won't even bother,

Last edited:
I ended up with unexplained system crash/resets while gaming on 7. Farcry 2 and several others worked fine, HL2 Ep1 and some others caused crashes. Went away on vista64. Same settings/clocks/everything.

been playing l4d and cod5 for weeks without a single issue on w7 64 with rig in sig. I prefer the 9.4 drivers from 5/5 over the 9.5 tho.

I just played some missions in GRAW2 and I notice some serious lag, but that could be my video drivers, and I also noticed at the same time, I looked at the hdd light and it was bangin' away. I'm gonna try to do some mem optimizing and swapfile adjustments to see if the lag improves.

Win7 64 bit build 7100

COD5-yes
COD4-yes
FEAR multiplayer-Works but feels a little choppy. Maybe I forgot my old settings?
Dead Space-yes
Oblivion-won't start :( edit: I got it working. Go in to properties\compatability and check "run this program as an administrator". edit again:when I exit oblivion some of my windows looked like they were made of black lines. i closed and reopened them and they were normal again. Weird. Somethings not right.
Fallout 3-yes

Last edited:
Fallout 3? Anyone try Fallout 3? I havent seen ANYONE try that? HELP! Its the best game ever! I just hope mods work in Win 7.

Back