• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Games that work/don't work on windows 7rc

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GeneralMac

Windows 7rc 32bit and 64bit
these games work fine on vista 64bit

1. Dungeon siege 1, dungeon siege 2--wont install
2. Neverwinter Nights 2, mask of the betrayer, Storm of Zehir-- install but wont load
3. Legend, the hand of god---installs, loads, plays for 3 min then shuts down
4. hellgate plays fine. no problems

I can try Oblivion later this evening if needed - I just downloaded Win7 64-bit and so far am enjoying it. The only experience I had with Vista was when working on other people's PC's - after a few hours of getting familiar with it I must say so far so good.

I played a few STEAM games (TF2 and L4D and they work fine). Planned to install good old Diablo II later on as well.

TF2 works fine. However... I've had some problems settings resolution and aspect ratio with it (Widescreen leaves black borders like I'm running in on a standard 4:3 display not a 16:10 display). Even with compatibility modes.

It could be that I"m using older drivers.. but it could also be that Windows 7 hates me and wants to take away my ability to have fun.

Windows 7rc 32bit and 64bit
these games work fine on vista 64bit

1. Dungeon siege 1, dungeon siege 2--wont install
2. Neverwinter Nights 2, mask of the betrayer, Storm of Zehir-- install but wont load
3. Legend, the hand of god---installs, loads, plays for 3 min then shuts down
4. hellgate plays fine. no problems

Wow. Is Win 7 still a beta?

Anyone else try NWN2?

I tried installing it on 7077 and it did not work, however, I also tried running AOE3 and that did not work.

I was told not to touch the pagefile, so when I reinstalled 7100 on a larger harddrive, I did not "tweak it" at all, and am Playing AOE3 no problems.

EDIT:

NWN2 works in builds 7122 and newer. In fact a LOT of games seem to working in the newer builds that were not working before.

Alternatively, you can grab a file from V64 (DX file) and plop it into windows 7 and nwn2 will run fine

Last edited:
Back