• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED THE OVEN TRICK - WORKED

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
lol, and the price for dead graphics cards skyrockets! :beer:

So this is working on cards with no display and with bad (lined) displays? That's impressive.

- they seriously have...the word spreads fast!

Cue the long string of noob posts from people who spent $100 on a broken card and then burned it in the oven or knocked off some critical part while the solder was still molten. Mixed in with a few who bought ones with exploded power sections and such and can't understand why the oven trick won't fix it. Oh, and probably one or two who completely missed the point and ruined a previously working graphics card.

What temps are the caps on these cards rated for? I'd hate to think that the cooking was killing them.

I think this should be a sticky! This is great info!
yeahhhh -
wow the price of faulty graphics cards are going up up up up!!!
3 weeks ago = faulty 8800gtx = 15pounds
now = faulty 8800gtx = 25pounds
wouldnt it be funny if the price of a faulty one was higher that a working one!

I think stuff like this and other good tips should be privite sticky like the classifides so it dont spread like wildfire. Not everyone and there brother can c! it would help out on bringing in members! But others might not agree

And now its on engadget!!!

And congrats antipesto on bringing dead hardware back to life!!!

Last edited:
hey guys

I have three dead 280gtx cards do you think this will help

None display anyout output to the screen

I did put a waterblock on them, that could have made them not work, or they were not working before (didnt test them before putting the waterblocks on them)

I did try to rma them to evga, but they turned up damaged, and the courior will not give be any money due to that I dont have any pictures on how they were packed and how they turned up in the box (god know who i was meant to to get a busy company like that to start taking picture on how they turned up in the box) god damn, evga is a rescepable company, why would they lie, i even gave them a screenshot of the email from them

cid_07114320709042009-17FA.jpg

cid_07114320709042009-1801.jpg

The damage looks repairable but again

Will this oven trick help the card to actually work?

You killed all 3? Jeez... should've tested them before putting blocks on them...

Look at it this way... what have you got to lose...?

Back