• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What OS would u recommed to me?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Re: XP Pro Problems with VooDoo 5 , Help?

Pdwight said:
I just did the upgrade to XP Pro from WIn2K Pro, personally I think its slower. I cant get Wolfenstien to run. It says missing glide ?? something. I can find original VooDoo5 Drivers for XP? XP reports that I only have 32 meg of ram on the card ! its a 64 meg ram AGP card. I am running a SOYO Dragon plus with 256 meg 2700 DDR. I probbly will go back to win2K this weekend. Too many problems, I had to disable my external cache in my bios to get it to run , this slows down my sustem. I Duno you guys have any input ??
THX
Dwight P:eh?:

Get the voodoo 5 - XP Drivers here
It'll solve all ur problems =)

Consider this: now that XP is the newest "mainstream" OS a lot of companies will be focusing their software and driver development toward XP first and 2k second.

Just my $.02

MadMan007 said:
Consider this: now that XP is the newest "mainstream" OS a lot of companies will be focusing their software and driver development toward XP first and 2k second.

Just my $.02

A good point!
Although XP is not an upgrade from Win2K, merely a version of the os intended more for basic users (Win2K is keeping the business/IT category), most people think it is, so most software developers will concentrate more on that. Fortunately for IT and Win2K the differences are few, so Win2K will get 99% of the stuff XP does.

From what I can discern of MS's current releases/strategy XP is to reside in the Home and Small Business arena and Win2K is intended for large businesses, heavy-duty networking and server fields, the crossover area being mostly in medium-sized networks.

and That is My $.02.:D

Back