Seasonic SS-650HT or Corsair TX650W?

I'm basically deciding between these two PSUs. Both are the same cost, although the Corsair has a MIR. I believe the Corsair is also a Seasonic build, but are there any difference worth noting between the two PSUs?

Thanks.
    RIP Tanya 1986-2008

. . . . . . .. . . ... . .

Yes the Corsair is made by Seasonic. Looking at NewEgg, the SS is $140 whereas the Corsair is $75 ($95 - $20 MIR) ... $100 CAD ($120 - $20 MIR) I'd take the Corsair as they look like they seem nearly identical otherwise. The Corsair has 2 extra SATA plugs and the SS has 1 extra molex plug. One claims to have +12 split-rail and the other single-rail but that may simply be marketing as it is with the PSU in my sig (which is actually a single-mail but marketed as a split)

I see you're in Canada but you should be able to find similar prices there.

Corsair's comes with a carrying bag in case you get the sudden urge to take your PSU for a walk ...

Yeah the PCBs look the same. If you look at some of the part numbers, even those are the same. The fan is the same also.

Corsair

Seasonic
    Last edited by Ach3r0n; 05-23-09 at 01:54 AM.

If they are the same price, I would post here and see if they have a reason to choose one over the other.

http://www.jonnyguru.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3
    AMD Phenom II 720 BE @ 3800mhz, Asus Crosshair II Formula, 2x2GB G.Skill Pi Black 800 4-4-4-12, Xigmatek 1283 Dark Knight, EVGA GTX 260, Corsair 550VX, Cooler Master NV690 Case,

Registered
    I'd go for Corsair all the way. Excellent all around PSU.
    MSI K9N2 SLI Platinum
    AMD 64 X2 5600+ @ 3.0Ghz O'CD
    Bios Version 3.5 (10/08/2009)
    2X 2 GB Corsair RAM 5-5-5-18 380 MHZ (O'CD)
    EVGA 8800GT 512MB DDR3
    16X DVD+/- RW Dual Layer
    Corsair 650TX Watts PSU

Corsair FTW it can't be beet dead.

Well I went for the Corsair. Judging from the comments at Jonnyguru it's basically the same PSU as the Seasonic, but with a higher temperature rating and a better support service.
    RIP Tanya 1986-2008

. . . . . . .. . . ... . .

Registered
    Good job man.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    Well I went for the Corsair. Judging from the comments at Jonnyguru it's basically the same PSU as the Seasonic, but with a higher temperature rating and a better support service.
    MSI K9N2 SLI Platinum
    AMD 64 X2 5600+ @ 3.0Ghz O'CD
    Bios Version 3.5 (10/08/2009)
    2X 2 GB Corsair RAM 5-5-5-18 380 MHZ (O'CD)
    EVGA 8800GT 512MB DDR3
    16X DVD+/- RW Dual Layer
    Corsair 650TX Watts PSU

Quote Originally Posted by Ach3r0n View Post
    Yes the Corsair is made by Seasonic. Looking at NewEgg, the SS is $140 whereas the Corsair is $75 ($95 - $20 MIR) ... $100 CAD ($120 - $20 MIR) I'd take the Corsair as they look like they seem nearly identical otherwise. The Corsair has 2 extra SATA plugs and the SS has 1 extra molex plug. One claims to have +12 split-rail and the other single-rail but that may simply be marketing as it is with the PSU in my sig (which is actually a single-mail but marketed as a split)

I see you're in Canada but you should be able to find similar prices there.

Yeah the PCBs look the same. If you look at some of the part numbers, even those are the same. The fan is the same also.

Corsair

Seasonic
    That is true.
    Is it true that some PSU's that claim to be multiple +12V rails don't have the +12V rail split at all?

Yes, this is true. But it's the exception and not the norm. It's typically seen in Seasonic built units (like the Corsair HX and Antec True Power Trio.) It's actually cheaper to make a single +12V rail PSU because you forego all of the components used in splitting up and limiting each rail and this may be one reason some OEM's will not split the rails, but say they are split. Some system builders adhere very closely to ATX12V specification for liability reasons, so a company that wants to get that business but also save money and reduce R&D costs will often "fib" and say the PSU has it's +12V split when it does not.
    JohnnyGURU made an excellent writeup on multi vs single rail PSUs.

For ease of reference, I'll give you his conclusion:

Ok... What's the bottom line?

The bottom line is, for 99% of the folks out there single vs. multiple +12V rails is a NON ISSUE. It's something that has been hyped up by marketing folks on BOTH SIDES of the fence. Too often we see mis-prioritized requests for PSU advice: Asking "what single +12V rail PSU should I get" when the person isn't even running SLI! Unless you're running a plethora of Peltiers in your machine, it should be a non-issue assuming that the PSU has all of the connectors your machine requires and there are no need for "splitters" (see Example 1 in the previous bullet point).

U wont be disapointed!! I have the 650tx and it is solid and stout! And the box it comes in is too!
    Coolermaster 932HAF
    Corsair 650tx
    M3A-79T Deluxe
    Phenom II X4 965
    Zalman 9700 LED
    2xHis HD 6870
    4GB Kingston HyperX 8500D2K2
    2xSamsung SH-S223F
    Western D 2TB
    Seagate 250GB 7200.10
    Seagate 500GB 7200.10
    2xHP 2408