• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EVGA 780i C1 Error code please help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

narcotis

i have had my computer running great never had a problem, details in sig.

Last night i powered it down and went to bed, this morning i powered it up and got an error code of "C1"

The code in the book read for "C1" Memory Presence...... Base memory detect

The computer will not boot, i read online to reset the CMOS which i did by moving the jump cap, and i also tried taking out the ram and putting it in the furthest slot, ...

Same thing, got a "C1"

Can someone please help, i just find it odd that it has been running rock solid with no problems for over a year, maybe 2, and all of a sudden i get this.

Thank you.....

Yes, that is the post that i read and followed.......... Twice :(

I am really wondering what the reason for the "C1" code is, like what causes it.

i followed those steps and no luck, anything else i can try before i have to RMA the board??

Unfortunatly i do not have any other sticks of ram to try swapping out, maybe i can pick up a cheep stick??

I have been out of the loop for a while, how do i know what ram i need for my board?

The C1 issue is going to be memory only, either the sticks, the slots, settings or the memory controller. Test each stick one at a time in the first slot. If all of them dont work either try a different slot or completely different memory. If it works say in slot 1 but not slot 2, then its the board. If all the sticks dont work either the board is fried or you fried your memory somehow.

i recently just upgraded to a 780i mobo. i used to have the 680i. one thing i can say from upgrading from one to the other is that the 780i mobo does give out some codes that arent helpful or send you down the wrong troubleshooting path. my buddies 780i board gave the same issue, after fickling around with the memory and having it shutdown multiple times on me in bios, i decided to look at the cpu temps through system monitoring. the hsf wasnt on there correctly causing the e8400 cpu to overheat at 110c. after we properly put on the hsf, no more problems. but it still gave me the same "C1" trouble code that you are talking about when the hsf was not on correctly. now this experience may be only unique to me, but it might be worth a shot to look over everything on the board. good luck! ^_^

Back