• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intel Core i7 Processor i7-950 3.06GHz 8MB LGA1366 CPU, Retail $558.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yes, there are a lot of higher prices out there... Capitalist. SuperBiiz has the lowest price I've seen today. Must others are around $600+ for the 950.

I don't see the value in these for oc'ers while the i7 920 is available. Is it guaranteed D0? And is that worth twice the price?

All the new variants are D0, and as far as worth it, depends what you'll purpose is for using it...you get closer to 5ghz than what you'd expect with them ;)

Ah Price increase with 8 hours of original post. After further investigation it's looking like there's free shipping now at the new price. The original price was without free shipping. It looks like they just built it into the price. I'm surprised the Egg doesn't show a listing yet with their volume I would think they would get some before most dealers would. I also noticed Zipzoomfly has a listing but no stock and they want $618. Anyone place an order yet?

There's always "something right around the corner" with cpu's, nowadays. I don't see that stopping any time soon.

Whether you should step up to an i7 now or not, is entirely dependent on your circumstances. In my case, I had 2 C2D's, and my new i7 (which is not a DO), is doing a great job of replacing them, and OC's easily.

I'm entirely happy with it. I don't have an infinite need for more core's, and my 940 is already running quite stable (folding), at 3.2, even with only a moderate air cpu cooler.

It's fast, it's stable, it easily O/C's a bit, and with hyperthreading working as well as it does, it's really like it has 8 cores, anyway.

Other than the initial cost, I don't see a downside to this upgrade, and I don't see that I will need more computing power, anytime soon.

Could you wait and save $$$? Sure - but you always can do that. If you want to wait 20 years, they'll really be cheap! :D :p :p

I've been seriously considering to get a 975. I held out on getting a 965 because of the 975. Should I should pull the trigger or just keep messing around with my 920 es.

Back