• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Am I reading Tom's Hardware chart wrong?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Nah, Tom's Hardware is doing it wrong

i just don't see a 4770 being faster then a 4870x2.

It's cool because everyone was suggesting all these card when I wanted to upgrade form my 1950 and well yea, I down-graded to a newer card. Yay me.

4890 - 42.5
8800GT - 43.6
9600GT - 41
4870 - 38.1
3870 - 28.3
4850 - 24.8
3850 - 23.5
4870x2 - 20.2

Even with nVidia obviously paying them, you'd think they'd at least make the benchmarks slightly believable. A 9600GT beating a 4870, let alone the x2 version? Yeah effing right... That's ignoring the sheer idiocy of claiming that a 3850 will outperform a 4870x2.

Hmm, lets go break their legs for false information. = D lol jk,

Tom stands for a Totaly Obvious Mockery.

Last edited:
Hmm, lets go break their legs for false information. = D lol jk,

Tom stands for a Totaly Obvious Mockery.

bah, its clearly a type-o. Tom's is a reliable site, but they've recently revamped their UI and charts, clearly still have some mistakes. If you look at any of their reviews they dont make those mistakes.

bah, its clearly a type-o. Tom's is a reliable site, but they've recently revamped their UI and charts, clearly still have some mistakes. If you look at any of their reviews they dont make those mistakes.

+1, their setups may not be the best... but their numbers are solid. This is clearly a mistake on the labels not matching the FPS results.

Back