• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

dual boot problem with Win 7 and ubuntu?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

metloaf

I just installed Win 7 RC on a partition that I reserved, but already had another partition with Ubuntu Linux on it and now will only load Win 7 and can't get back into ubuntu? Anyone know how to fix this?:beer:

Oh I was also keeping another partition for XP but since this issue, I have not tried installing XP.

I'm running xp and win7 build 7127 in dual boot ......not having any problems at all...even update new video beta drivers today....all working fine......my advice is dual boot best of both worlds......
Running Raid
Enermax 850| 2-DVD Burners

Last edited by a moderator:
Win7 overwrote the GRUB bootloader. Search around for tips on replacing GRUB. In the future this install order is best to keep from getting headaches...

1st old Windows
2nd new Windows
3rd Linux

Thanks that's what I was wondering. I figured that might have happened due to Linux not even coming up during boot. :bang head

Back