• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for a new case

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jdf_warrior

What I'm doing:
I currently have a Thermaltake Armor and am looking to downsize. I should be getting a new desk Wednesday. I will finally have a nice, executive desk. I will have it in a nice area of our house and am trying to avoid having my tower on top, having all the wires visible from the front. I was thinking of putting my tower in the cabinet in the desk. The Armor definitely isn't going to fit, but I think a mid tower should.

What I'm looking for:
I'm looking for something somewhat clean looking. I don't like all the flashy colors and wild designs and all that. I need capability of holding at least three 3.5 drives, four would be preferable. Need to be able to hold at least one 5.25 drive (for dvd burner). Would prefer something with black interior but this isn't a must have. I would prefer to have something that has precut holes to run/hide wires. I'm a neat freak when it comes to wires. It doesn't HAVE to have them predrilled, but will save me time from having to do it and order grommit. Last but not least, hopefully something with good air flow. I'm probably going to have to cut my overclock back some when I stick it in that cabinet to keep things cool, but, I can handle that.

What I've seen:
I was looking at the CM Storm Sniper and an Antec Nine Hundred Two. I like both of those. They are kinda along the lines of what I am looking for. I was wondering if anyone else had any good recommendations or any other pros or cons about these cases that aren't on Newegg.

Thanks for any help guys.

The Lian Li A05N is nice and small. It intakes right on to the CPU, has a 3 HDD Bay, and you can stick the 4th in the spare 5.25" bay.

lian_li_pc-a05n_01.jpg

lian_li_pc-a05n_02.jpg

The only problem with the Lian Li, is the exhaust fan and psu are heavily stifled, since the air can only pass through the sides of the front panel. Otherwise it's a great case with lots of room despite it's small size.

Last edited:
Sorry it took so long to get back. Yeah the P182 is definitely too big. 21" tall aint gonna cut it. Thats about the same size as my Armor. I need a mid tower or something desktop sized. I havent had much time to look the last few days but I have some spare time tonight so I may dig around and see what I can find.

Antec 300? Smaller size but meets you drive requirement, it has room for six with three 5.25 external. The interior isn't black but does appear to have some predrilled wire management hole but they don't look to be plentiful. Heck, its even cheap! It also has top notch cooling which you will need by putting your PC in a cabinet.

Back