• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

14 min WUs?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sephis

I checked my BOINC manager on my main rig a few mins ago and I have a large backlog of 13-15 min work units. I wouldn't have noticed them, except none of them will upload. I have about 25 of them just going through the "uploading... upload failed" cycle. They all appear to be SAH enhanced 6.03 wus. I've checked my rig, and it is stable. BOINC isn't throwing any errors other than the upload problems. Is Berkley really just sending out 14min WUs now?

Tuesday is a lousy time to update anything as their server are always down for weekly cleanup and maintenance.

If your client have been trying to send longer than just today, you may need to check internet and make sure your PC is getting through. Rebooting the system and /or router may help.

I got a batch of those WUs awhile back - they pop up every so often.

4GHZ_or_bust is right about Tuesdays, often a bad day to monitor BOINC as the servers are in routine maintenance. If you're concerned hit update then goto the "Messages" tab. Typically you''ll get a message explaining the problem - something like Internet connection OK, project servers are down or something to that effect ...

I got a batch of those WUs awhile back - they pop up every so often.

4GHZ_or_bust is right about Tuesdays, often a bad day to monitor BOINC as the servers are in routine maintenance. If you're concerned hit update then goto the "Messages" tab. Typically you''ll get a message explaining the problem - something like Internet connection OK, project servers are down or something to that effect ...

Thats whats bugging me out. It says internet connection OK, and its keeps downloading new work. I even uploaded my last few AP units just a few minutes ago without any hassle. Its just the short ones that won't upload. :bang head

They should upload eventually. Even if the unit is bad it'll still upload. IDK why it's having problems with those right now but I do know they're going through some major changes and testing at Berkeley so nothing would surprise me. New servers got delivered last week and, like all construction, things will get worse before they get better ... ;)

I've been seeing alot of 2-3 minute CUDA units and 2 hour :confused: AP units over the last week or so.

I've been seeing alot of 2-3 minute CUDA units and 2 hour :confused: AP units over the last week or so.

I just got a batch of a couple computational errors, and every now and again my cuda must forget something and it takes hours to crunch a unit unless i pause boinc, close boinc, restart boinc, and then everything is back to normal. Any of you guys see that happen?

Atleast you're getting AP. I can't, for the life of me, get any AP units! I hope they get everything back online soon.

I thought I was all set on my 10 day cache, but then a few days ago I ran a few benchmarks, then restarted Boinc... when it reconnected, ALL of my AP units just dissappeared. I was ****ed:mad: Not sure what would have caused it, but I do notice that my Q6600 rig, pauses a lot to "reconnect to client". I always though it was due to the high quantity of I/O, but maybe I'm wrong.

i am getting an astropulse once in a while on my rigs, (1 ap per rig per day). so they are still out there...

i notice the ap's i am getting have been crunched by quite a few other people though. (example, ap_4 or ap_6) so maybe these astro pulse work units are erronius or something.

That's all you are going to get right now. AP units that past deadline and are reissued or those needing a third validation are the only ones being sent out right now. No new data to be split to send out. Makes me sad, Skeletor was a day or two away from breaking 10k RAC too, but has already dropped to 8900 after just one day of crunching these micro MB units that don't credit as well. From what I've read in the forums, they're having issues being able to actually obtain data right now due to a new OS being incompatible with the raid card they are using to gather data. The new intel servers aren't helping matters any with their own RAID issues of their own. From what I've seen, looks like about 900-1100 AP units a day are going out, so its luck of the draw on getting them right now. I just wish these 9-13 minute MB units would go away.

I'm still getting a crapton of these things. They finally started uploading properly sometime last night. Now I have a new problem. The 200 WU a day limit isn't going to last me very long at this rate.

Ive bounced off my 400 WU limit the last 3 days ... in the 10 hours from the time I left for work and the time I came home, I had 210 workunits ready to report. I think I've finally got them all processed, and Skeletor's going offline for the weekend for some maintenance, but yeah, these tiny WUs need to go.

Don't those WU limits still adjust themselves after a few days? IIRC, after a few days of turning in a large number of units the limit changes - but it's been a long time since I dealt with that so I could be wrong ... :shrug:

Back