• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I don't get this FSB:DRAM Ratio 1:1 stuff???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Frig I think that was on standard, think I'll pass doing high atm :p

I'm a bit adverse on possible melting my rig hehe.

:beer:

Last edited:
My Dell Precision T7400

Here are the results from my Dell Precision :

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

tRD_calc_ver1a.PNG

The tRD(performance Level) Calculator ver1 DDR2 ONLY Intel Chipsets is from Tony at http://www.ocztechnologyforum.com

As you can see FSB DRAM ratio is 5:4.

Now my second Dell Precision has the following:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

As you can see FSB DRAM ratio is 1:1 (the PC runs perfect no problems whereas the other first PC has issues - stops responding) Maybe I should swap the faster memory into the first PC as it has a faster processor and might be able to give me better results.

In the end i'd like to keep one of the PCs and get rid of the other. The first PC has 4 ram chips (PC2-5300 333MHz) each 4GB and the second one has 8 ram chips PC2-6400 (400 MHz) each 2gb. Both PCs have 16GB of RAM. It was suggested that i keep the larger memory chips and get rid of the CHEAP smaller chips. Looking at these results the smaller chips perform better (e.g. they have a better clock speed) but I'm lead to believe they cost less to purchase - I'd be interested to see what you guys think?

:grouphug:

Back