• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which PC music player do you use?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Ive used wmp for years and recently vlc, it plays anything lol.

I do have a problem with WMP 11 at the moment, it wont play any visulizations in the now playing tab, I have tried rolling it back and playing in full screen but still no funky colours,

Anyone help??

use itunes my music library and wmp 9 (for playing music not wanted in my itunes) and media player classic (for playing videos)

works for me quite well. i keep my itunes library on an different drive than my os and apps drive so when i do reformat i dont loose any of my itunes stuff.... i just reinstall itunes and point it to the library on the different drive and its like i never left.

foobar2000 for music, hands down. The customization abilities are just fantastic. I used WinAMP for years but when WinAMP 3 and then 5 (2+3=5, LOLOL so creative) came around I knew I had to ditch it. Found foobar2000 and never looked back.

Has anyone tried Miro for videos? Its free/opensource

I bookmarked it about 3 months ago but i've yet to test it. Will be doing so in a week or 2 when I get my new comp together. Until then, if someone else has tried it please let us know of your impressions.

Used Foobar, great quality with asio plugin. Using KMPlayer now for all the audio options and not having to stop the music player to watch youtube. Liking it so far for audio and video.

Mediamonkey, I really dig the filter system cause I listen to lots of different types of music that don't generally go together, and adding music automatically puts them where they need to be. Plus, the converting/organizing features rock!

iTunes is pretty pointless and i resent Apple (mostly for stupid reasons) but i don't understand this problem that most people have with wmp. It's got a good interface and is very user friendly. Whenever my pc is on it's playing music so i used it ALOT and have no complaints about it. Why does everyone deride it so?
who woudln't?

have you read the licence agreement?

it is something on the lines of... "you also agree that you will not use these products for..the development, design, manuafacture or production of missiles, or nuclear, chemical or biological weapons."

DAMN! :santa:

btw, i use WMP. i don't know why ppl diss this program so much as well :shrug:

who woudln't?

have you read the licence agreement?

it is something on the lines of... "you also agree that you will not use these products for..the development, design, manuafacture or production of missiles, or nuclear, chemical or biological weapons."

DAMN! :santa:

btw, i use WMP. i don't know why ppl diss this program so much as well :shrug:

Winamp 2 was awesome, but Winamp 3-5+ just got to be too bloated for my tastes. It's still a good program, just I prefer something lighter, and foobar2000 feels more powerful to me, since I'm constantly ripping, encoding, tagging, usually en masse.

Winamp 2 was awesome, but Winamp 3-5+ just got to be too bloated for my tastes. It's still a good program, just I prefer something lighter, and foobar2000 feels more powerful to me.

i agree. but when i install it, i strip it down to the bare mp3 player.

i agree. but when i install it, i strip it down to the bare mp3 player.
The latest version on default UI. Very simple right out of the box.
Still has a very powerful set of tools if I need them.
Otherwise it's just click and play easy and it took < 5 min to set up.

Attachments

• foobar2000.jpg
    foobar2000.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
winamp mostly.
Winamp & Milkdrop have the best visualizations by an order of magnitude.
What I can't capture in these snapshots is the music beat and frequency driven syncopating motion. It's fantastic eye candy on a 47" LCD while listening on your good living room sound system.

Attachments

• milk drop vis.jpg
    milk drop vis.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 56
  • milk drop vis 2.jpg
    milk drop vis 2.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 56
  • milk drop vis 3.jpg
    milk drop vis 3.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
Back