• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[Dead]Q9650, XFX GTX260, 8GB GSkill, Gigabyte Board. $499.95!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hainer36

http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/clspso775pab.html

Just stumbled upon this, I think this is a great deal, especially to folders/seti'ers. 500 bucks for

Gigabyte GA-EP-45-UD3R Motherboard
x4 2-gig Sticks of Gskill PC8500 Memory
Intel® Core™2 Quad Processor Q9650 (12M Cache, 3.00 GHz, 1333 MHz FSB)
XFX GTX 260 Graphics Card

seems like a damned good deal to me (however, as I am a Canuck, my opinion may be a little off)

Limited amount apparently.

Last edited:
Yea that's an insane deal.

Although it does say that it's been lightly used and you get no original packaging. Doesn't say anything about accessories being included. Still looks like a good deal for someone.

Last edited:
That is very a hot combo. It would be nice if they had more details though, like which GTX 260 it is (192 or 216 mainly) and which memory kits. The only downside I can see is that the layout of that mobo's PCIe slots is a little less than ideal with a dual slot graphics card installed, if you've got one PCIe expansion card that is not short it might hit the memory slots.

Only came to $12 shipping for me in PA. Just checked the shipping, didn't actually buy it :sn:

Just doing a rough estimate:

Mobo: $100
RAM: $100
CPU: $300

That's $500 right there, and that doesn't even count the ~$150 gfx card. So, yes, I'd say it's a damn nice deal! No junky components either (assuming the RAM isn't CAS6).

4.3-4.5GHz quad if you know what you're doing and have a little luck.

That is very a hot combo. It would be nice if they had more details though, like which GTX 260 it is (192 or 216 mainly) and which memory kits. The only downside I can see is that the layout of that mobo's PCIe slots is a little less than ideal with a dual slot graphics card installed, if you've got one PCIe expansion card that is not short it might hit the memory slots.

Its a P45 board anyway, so no SLI and even if it came with an ATI card, It would be running at 16/4x I believe.

p series = budget so single card usage only is recommended

Pray tell, where in that post did you see me mention more than one graphics card? I mentioned 'a' dual slot graphics card that's all. It only has one 16x-sized slot anyway so more than one graphics card for CF or SLI is out of the question. What I meant was if you have any PCIe 1x expansion cards that are on the longer side (I was thinking sound cards specifically - the D2X is fairly long - but it could be anything) they may overlap the RAM slots.

P45's with crossfire support can do 8x/8x. There is actually a Foxconn P45 board that does full 16x/16x. P35's with crossfire only do 16x/4x.

This is a good deal even if you only want the Q9650. Sell the rest of the goods, for a cheap Q9650.

Pray tell, where in that post did you see me mention more than one graphics card? I mentioned 'a' dual slot graphics card that's all. It only has one 16x-sized slot anyway so more than one graphics card for CF or SLI is out of the question. What I meant was if you have any PCIe 1x expansion cards that are on the longer side (I was thinking sound cards specifically - the D2X is fairly long - but it could be anything) they may overlap the RAM slots.

heh heh

My mistake :) I must be crosseyed today, I interpreted it as 2 video cards slots close together making dual slot cards difficult to use.

P45's with crossfire support can do 8x/8x. There is actually a Foxconn P45 board that does full 16x/16x. P35's with crossfire only do 16x/4x.

This is a good deal even if you only want the Q9650. Sell the rest of the goods, for a cheap Q9650.

Ah, thanks 2 mistakes in one post. I am on a roll today lol

:thup: I didn't mean to sound jerky, I was just like 'What's he talking about Xfire and SLI for? Are there multi-GPU PCIe 1x cards now? :eek:' :D

There is a little disclaimer on the page. It still is a good deal, but it should be noted.

Items are in good condition, and have been lightly used (no overclocking, gaming or crunching)
Items are working together as a current system and are stable. No original packaging is available.

The only thing I can see the packaging affecting is the motherboard. You don't need accessories for the other items generally.

Oh, rofl well that changes it if you didn't want to use most or all of the pieces yourself. Makes the 'buy it for the CPU and sell the rest' a lot less attractive.

Back