• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i7 and Intel Burn Test

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Thanks N3buchan3zzar. I downloaded an older version of Linx 0.6.0. I had 0.61 and was doing all sorts of weird things. I have passed all the tests on the new Linx using all the memory so I think IBT may have not been correct. I will tighten back all the RAM timings and start OC'ing. Do you think 5 passes of Linx at full is enough to be stable in between changing settings then a final 20 passes when I got as far as I can go? Many thanks.

That's about my general rundown on it. When just pushing BCLK/Mhz a good 5-10 passes(5 for 6Gb mem, 10 for 2Gb) and then I push again.

For 24/7 usable stability I get a little more...sadistic :mad:. I set LinX for 20 or more and after it starts running with full memory set I add more fuel to the fire.

I start up Pandora, and then start browsing internet sites. Especially ones with Flash or other stuff that ****es an OC'd pc off. When I say something is 24/7 stable I mean it.....I don't often say I have things 24/7 stable though. Going past 222 BCLK forces me to raise my PCI-e which takes out my NIC on my Classified but my DFI DK handles it just peachy...does that mean my Classy isn't stable?!?! Anything after around 4.2Ghz I don't test for 24/7 stable anyways so no, neither of my i7's are 24/7 stable most of the time.

GL & HF tweaking your system. Know what you want going in and you wont be dissappointed =]

Back