• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help CD won't display files!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bird222

Ok here is the deal. I have three accounts setup on XP Pro (two
administrator and one power user). Only ONE of the admin accounts can get the files on the cdrom to be displayed in windows explorer. Windows explorer will show the volumn name of the CD, so it is detecting it. Also Media Player will start automatically when the CD is put in. However, on the other two accounts when I click on the cd in explorer the highlight jumps to the c: drive and will not show the cd contents on the right side of the window like normal. Also, media player really any app that has to open a file on the cd from the drop downlist for drives when I click the cd drive, it jumps to the desktop. Why won't windows display the cd's contents?

TIA

You other 2 profile just the have the access to it.
you will have to log in to windows as admin. then enable access for the other 2 profile.
it should be under control panel and user information or user profile.

The other 2 profile you have probably have limited access. which mean only use the computer and not able to add/install or make change to the system. More like read only.

I just remember it administrative tools. options.

Back