• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Favourite classic game that should be remade

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I would like to see a few games remade.

Oregon trial would be fun modernized. Toe Jam and Earle would be another. One game I wasted more than muh share of quarters was Metal Slug. So I think that would be fun to redux.

Now for FPS games.. RTCW. Leave the game near abouts what made it fun. Then modernize it.

The did Chrono trigger on DS not that long ago, and FF7 just came out on PSN. That not count?

Oh...Totally forgot about Chrono trigger DS. But i'd love both the games to be redone with modern graphics. They wouldn't even need to think up new story lines. I don't know why they're not jumping on these cash cows. I bet a redone FF7 would sell PS3's

The did Chrono trigger on DS not that long ago, and FF7 just came out on PSN. That not count?

They just added some new cut scenes and I think a new boss in the ds version. I want them to do a 3d one with modern graphics, something along the lines of FF12. =)

I think I'd also have to toss in the original system shock.

I replayed it for probably the 8th or 9th time last month...such a great game.
They just don't make em like they used to.

Nobody loves starcraft here? I know I don't.

I do. I'm not liking how they are doing Starcraft 2 though, 3 chapters/expansions/ridiculousness? And no LAN support?:screwy::bang head

Anyway, my list.

+1 more for Chrono Trigger
+1 more for Rise of the Triad
+1 more for Tie-Fighter
Dungeon Keeper
Carmageddon(The first one)

I do. I'm not liking how they are doing Starcraft 2 though, 3 chapters/expansions/ridiculousness? And no LAN support?:screwy::bang head

I get the chapters part.. I can deal with that... but no LAN?? The only reason i see for doing this is an attempt to cut down on piracy

I get the chapters part.. I can deal with that... but no LAN?? The only reason i see for doing this is an attempt to cut down on piracy

I feel it only hurts the people who legitimately buy the game, not the pirates. No having to worry about blizzards servers lagging or anything while at LAN parties.

+1 for ff7 with ps3 graphics. I tried to play it again recently, and Cloud's club arms made me quit too quickly :(

Also, I want starcraft remade in with sc2 graphics, but no gameplay changes. I think I'll get my wish granted after some modder makes a custom map :).

Wolfenstein oh wait............. I think Alpha Centauri should get a remake/sequel. I've been waiting for it for awhile now and Colinization had some love recently. X-Wing(I prefered Tie Fighter) and Wing Commander are good ones to, but I'd like to see another Freespace game as well.

Now for FPS games.. RTCW. Leave the game near abouts what made it fun. Then modernize it.

"Modernize it?"

The damned game just came out... what? Five years ago or so.

It IS modern! :)

I could install it on XP right now and it would run just fine.

Surely you can dig back a bit further than that... I mean that's like asking for a modernized Team Fortress 2... or a modern Bioshock! j/k

enchantasy quest for the eternal grimoire

One of the most unheard of games and one of the best designed games. If you have never played it I suggest finding a copy and running it with a DOS mod.

"Modernize it?"

The damned game just came out... what? Five years ago or so.

It IS modern! :)

I could install it on XP right now and it would run just fine.

Surely you can dig back a bit further than that... I mean that's like asking for a modernized Team Fortress 2... or a modern Bioshock! j/k

Actually it came out 8 years ago, but your point is still valid. I can't wait until the new game comes out.

Back