• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Favourite classic game that should be remade

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Roisen

X-COM: UFO Defence.

It used to be hard because it scared the 5 year old s*** out of me. Not it's just hard because it's challenging.

With updated graphics, I really don't think they would even have to update the gameplay too much. Still a solid game after 16 years.

You listening 2K? You do NOT let a top 25 game of all time die.

I'd have to go for X-Wing. Probably my all time favorite game. And as you said with X-COM: UFO Defence, All it would need is updated graphics and maybe some minor gameplay updates and I would drop $50 on it without thinking (and add multi player)

X-Wing with the original Lucas Arts computer models of all the starships, as well as 100% to scale (SSD and Death Star!!!) would be killer. :drool: X-Wing Alliance with updated ship packs is about as close we can get to that right now though. :)

On the non-PC side, a full remake of the Streets of Rage series from Sega would be nice. And not just resized graphics, but full on remake/update of everything in the games. Been looking at a bunch of alternatives based on the OpenBOR engine and theres a few that seem very promising, but something official from Sega (as well as a official Part 4) would make my day.:thup:

I agree with X-com UFO defense. Some incredible memories there.

I would love to see a remake of Thief 1 and 2. Probably with an engine that specializes in shadows, and can pull off the ambience well.

I agree that X-Com would be fantastic. I could never get into the sequals, the original with updated graphics and maybe a few tweaks would be sick.

X-Wing would probably be my #2 call.

I'm probably going ot catch hell for this.. but.. Wing Commander 3 and 4

I wasn't hugely fond of 1 and 2. But 3 and 4 were gold, granted the actors in there are somewhat synonymous with the game; I reckon it is possible to replace Malcolm McDowell and Mark Hammell.... hell.. leave the cinematics and just update the graphics game.....

None of this lets add new lines or plot twists...

oooo, good one Goateh...I'd like to see all of them redone though.
WC1 was one of the first PC games that I played and really hooked me in.

Alpha Centauri, it beats the crap out out Civilization!

X-COM: UFO Defence.

It used to be hard because it scared the 5 year old s*** out of me. Not it's just hard because it's challenging.

With updated graphics, I really don't think they would even have to update the gameplay too much. Still a solid game after 16 years.

Being an open source project, I don't know if it will ever get finished but there is a game being developed based off the first two X-COM titles:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Xenocide

Also, for something more playable [though less of an exact clone] check out 'UFO Alien Invasion'

http://ufoai.sourceforge.net/

X-COM sure.. but don't change the graphics! Some sequels and remakes get all glitzy and somehow lose the magic. Speaking of which, I'd love to see a Master of Magic sequel that doesn't ruin things. I'm looking at you, Master of Orion 3.

Rise of the Triad.

If ever a game needed to be re-made... it's that one.

I don't think you could re-make my beloved Spear of Destiny.

So much of it's charm depended on its outdated technology. Rise of the Triad would still be hilarious today with updated graphics.

Nobody really attempts anything that ambitious anymore ("ambition" pretty much died upon the simultaneous releases of DOOM and SF2).

Now you have all this "cinematic" cookie-cutter nonsense. (Yeah I'm looking at YOU Call of Duty series...)

Whatever happened to the Jagged Alliance days of old?

As for me you can have X-Wing. I was all about TIE-FIGHTER. That game was AWESOME (and far superior to the later X-Wing vs Tie-Fighter.)

And this is coming from somebody who HATES space games. I mean I'm ANGRY about it. I could care less about Starcraft (which I own) and all the rest.

But Tie-Fighter! Tie-Fighter was a revolution.

Bring THAT back. I don't want to even SEE the damned rebels... unless I'm blowing them up.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Admiral_Zaarin

Snip
-------------

As for me you can have X-Wing. I was all about TIE-FIGHTER. That game was AWESOME (and far superior to the later X-Wing vs Tie-Fighter.)

And this is coming from somebody who HATES space games. I mean I'm ANGRY about it. I could care less about Starcraft (which I own) and all the rest.

But Tie-Fighter! Tie-Fighter was a revolution.

Bring THAT back. I don't want to even SEE the damned rebels... unless I'm blowing them up.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Admiral_Zaarin

Amen Rainless! I really want to play that game again.

Back