• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Mechwarrior game

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yup, I know.

I still prefer the Crysis TC Mechwarrior Living Legends, just something about being able to don a powersuit, and go after a mech with nothing but an ER-light laser lol.

I do actually prefer to sit back in a Catapult or Dire Wolf and pound with missiles.

Have they ever gotten mechs to die correctly, ya know, similar to in Gundam when their internal reactors pop? Last I remember as far as Battletech went, mechs were powered by mini internal fusion reactors. Would be a bit more realistic than the usual MW2/3/4 deaths. The Mechassault series seemed to have MechDeath at least a little closer to what might happen lol.

Why doesn't anyone take physics into game design. Well, there's physics in Tribes Ascend, kinda, at least conservation of momentum.

Please tell me that if I blow a leg off they don't stay standing up like in MW2 lol.

Great news! :D

Mechwarrior 2: Mercenaries is one of my favorite games of all time. And what a soundtrack :)

Let's hope they do the franchise justice!

I still remember a line from the intro movie to MW:Mercenaries: "I'm not getting paid enough
to die."

Hmmm

My fave was the Warhammer IIC, first high power rocket I built was named that, military stenciling of name on the side in black *it did not live long....came in ballistic from 1000ft+*

How about the Supernova?

Sorry, i know this is a bit of an old thread, but i thought it was worth mentioning that Mech Warrior Online has been added to steam (still free to play). I've been enjoying it quite a bit over the last week or two.

Too bad about the prices and crappy fps (bad programming), was a beta tester for MWO and it's pretty decent as far as the Battletech universe goes.

I was hoping the new mechwarrior game would be a singleplayer campaign like the old games and instead we get MWO, which isn't bad except it fails to inspire or motivate me to want to spend money on it.

I tried it out for a bit as a free to play and got slaughtered way too easily by the paid players with all the best gear. They had LRMs which could snipe from one side of the map to the other. Imbalanced PVP and a completely pay to win system makes this an utter pass.

I love mechwarrior but I'm not about to spend a lot of money just to be able to compete at a 50-50% ratio.

I love MWO. I don't get to play as much as I used to, but.....I met some pretty cool people in the comp scene.

One of my finer moments, from a comp match in MCW. I think this was season 2...maybe.

JDA7FQk.jpg

Play more randoms then co-op maps, was always a medium/heavy type of guy but lately been gravitating toward lights, the spider and raven with ECM are brilliant to take down lonely heavy/assault mechs from behind (on the new snow map at least i can get close enough to bump into them and they don't notice). Get 2/4 solo kills every match plus whatever i can manage to steal off assaults :p and ofc there's something amazingly uplifting about seeing a squad of lights working together to pick off and take down assaults if everyone has a mic and decides to work together :thup:

My 6700k pretty much dealt with the fps issues i was having with the 8370 on certain maps BUT lack of decent Anti-Aliasing still annoys... and a single player campaign with graphics like these would be epic tbf...

One of my most interesting spider matches, kills are 1 marauder, 1 timber wolf and 1 cicada :

Clipboard01.jpg

Last edited:
Greetings!
I tried it out for a bit as a free to play and got slaughtered way too easily by the paid players with all the best gear. They had LRMs which could snipe from one side of the map to the other.
Just cant agree with this statement.
- "paid players with all the best gear", you can get the same mechs, weapons and equipment with virtual money (C-Bills), earned in the game, as the players who spend real money (£€$). Exception being the most recent mechs that are only available via real money (£€$) or ingame money bought with real money (MCs). And most recent mechs arent a garantee of superiority.
- "LRMs which could snipe from one side of the map to the other", first, they have a 1.000m range, second, you need to improve your positioning, third, consider AMS, ECM capable mechs and/or radar deprivation module.
... there's something amazingly uplifting about seeing a squad of lights working together to pick off and take down assaults if everyone has a mic and decides to work together
Yep, those light packs are vicious and hard to stop.
... and a single player campaign with graphics like these would be epic tbf...
It would.

Some essential links to understand the game:
References:
http://snafets.de/mwo/quirks.htm (list of quirks)
http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/ (list of mechs, weapons, equipment and online mechlab)

Discussion about mech builds:
https://www.mechspecs.com/
http://metamechs.com/

"paid players with all the best gear", you can get the same mechs, weapons and equipment with virtual money (C-Bills), earned in the game, as the players who spend real money (£€$). Exception being the most recent mechs that are only available via real money (£€$) or ingame money bought with real money (MCs). And most recent mechs arent a garantee of superiority.

Slight wrench in the works there, the majority of mechs with special gear slots like ECM are real money/mech credits only, ex: Locust Pirate's Bane and the trial Spider. They aren't a guarantee of superiority but they really really help in taking your team through a victory (often being the deciding factor) :)

Slight wrench in the works there, the majority of mechs with special gear slots like ECM are real money/mech credits only, ex: Locust Pirate's Bane and the trial Spider.
Pirates Bane and Tempest are the only ones that qualify as ECM capable and real money only. You can get a Spider 5D (the ECM Spider) with 2.5M C-Bills.

ECM helps, sure. Thats why I usually pilot a HBR.

Pirates Bane and Tempest are the only ones that qualify as ECM capable and real money only. You can get a Spider 5D (the ECM Spider) with 2.5M C-Bills.

Oh ? i remember a couple mediums and an assault from a few months back (haven't visited the shop in a while), must review further :clap:

I found the panthers quite fun. Decent hitting power, a little slow for a light, but quick enough for close support, and quite fun to pilot. Also, everyone hates it, but I had quite a bit of fun in my 4 ermlas mist lynx. Nimble as hell, and hot as hell if you aren't mindful of your heat. Had some really good rounds in that mech... :p

Back