Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

back to wow after a year, need a new home

so, i'm going to come back to wow after about a year or so off. all of my friends have left the game so i will need a new home. anybody have room in their guild and have alts to play with?? would like to plan on a US eastern time zone, don't care what side really. played horde before.
    CPU:i5-4670
    RAM:G.SKILL Trident X 16GB
    MB:GIGABYTE GA-G1.Sniper
    GFX: GTX780
    HDD:Samsung 840pro 120gb SSD, 1Tb WD Black
    Case: Antec 300
    Display: Samsung 32" LED

Quote Originally Posted by Jkicak View Post
    so, i'm going to come back to wow after about a year or so off. all of my friends have left the game so i will need a new home. anybody have room in their guild and have alts to play with?? would like to plan on a US eastern time zone, don't care what side really. played horde before.

Don't bother... I tried restarting after a long break, it just didn't work out.

You'll find that it just ins't as fun as when you played it before, and soon all the reasons that you quit will become apparent, and you'll be done again in under a month.

That's what happened to me at least... maybe if you were really into it you'll like it again, but why not pick something more productive to spend your time on... learn the guitar, learn a 3d modeling software, read some books, or god forbid, go outside and make some other friends, or start riding a bike, or whatever!

if youre looking for a fun challenge, look for something else, everything is ez mode

sure someone is gonna mention some raid or dungeon that's kind of hard but the majority of the difficulty comes down to teamwork, besides that blizzard has made the difficulty cater to the casual gamer *shudders*

everything is time consuming

Quote Originally Posted by Brandontw View Post

You'll find that it just ins't as fun as when you played it before, and soon all the reasons that you quit will become apparent, and you'll be done again in under a month.
    I agree with this.

I would try and convince one of your good friends to play casually with ya from time to time to make it worth while.
    CPU - E6750 @ 3.4GHz | 425x8 | 1.41V | Zalman CNPS9500 | Lapped
    Mobo - Abit P35 Pro | Bios v14
    Ram - 2x1GB G.Skill F2-6400CL5D-2GBNQ | 850 | 5-5-5-15 | 1.85V
    GPU - PNY 8800GT | 700c, 1850s, 900m | HR-03GT
    HD - 150GB raptor ADFD | Seagate 7200.7 160GB | 2x WD 640GB
    PSU - OCZ GameXSteam 700W

Now 6GHz or Bust!
    You want fun? DO a Naxx25 undying achievement while the entire raid is wearing only white quality gear.
    space for rent

Might as well start a new game .. wow is so old lol

I wanted to start again, but I couldn't bring myself to get back into it O.o

Look up "Aion" .. that seems promising =p

i renewed my account today just after a 4 month break for the hell of it. I was bored after a few minutes and decided that this game still sucks

I agree, the game sucks, always has, and always will (its VERY sub par in gameplay and difficulty compared to other mmo's) but its the only mmo that any of my rl friends will play, so its what Im left with. in the end, the game itself doesn't mean much if you dont have someone to play with you can enjoy it with.

Im looking forward to SW:TOR. looks bad-ass.

is it too late to try and get you NOT to go back? I've done so much with my life after i quit WoW lol
    Primary
    3570k @4.6 turbo, P8Z77-V PRO ,
    6970 , Corsair Vengeance 4x4GB 1600
    Vertex 4 120GB, 1x 250GB Seagate
    LG HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4167B
    HX 850W , NZXT Switch 810

My OLD WC Project Log
    My Heat

Another vote not to go back. Theres lot of games coming out in the next few months. Last fall I played though 15-20 games.
    Ivy Quad, Asus Z77
    GTX670, Vertex4 256GB
    Dell 2408WFP, Mackie MR5 Monitors
    Heat

As for getting a friend to play casually with you, that might be tougher then you think. If you play more then them, they could easily become a couple zones higher then you and then it's just playing catch up by yourself, or visa versa. Also, you would be paying a subscription for just playing a few times a week possibly.

I would suggest guild wars if you want to get into a casual mmo. Yeah, it's not the classic mmo, but I find it is really good for paying only a couple hours at a time and still being competitive and very fun.

my 2 cents
    Main Rig:
    GA-P35-DS3L - E2140 @ 2.4 GHz on Stock Cooling- 4 gigs G.Skill DDR2 - XFX 8800GT - Antec EarthWatts 430
    36 gig Raptor [Ubuntu 9.04] - 160 gig - 500 gig 7200.11 [Win XP] - Lian-Li A05B
    Lappies:
    Toshiba 2.4 Celly - Pentium 133 IBM Thinkpad - Asus 900a EEEPC w/ touchscreen mod
    Memento Mori
    "Do you think if Bill Gates got laid in high school, do you think there'd be a Microsoft?"
    -LazyBoy

Just wait until diablo 3 and starcraft 2 come out, i guarantee those will suck up your life. I find whenever a good RTS, RPG, and FPS (natural selection 2 should be coming out soon) are released at the same time, my productivity goes down the drain .

HAHA Brandon you sound like my sister She goes...yes yes CAMPING...its a place we do things OUTSIDE away from computers.

Or GF....What do you do all day on your computer...Seriously?

I answer I dont know...just surf web/download music/times fly's by so fast...yesterday I spent 2 hours reading on HDR for my D90

Quote Originally Posted by Brandontw View Post
    Don't bother... I tried restarting after a long break, it just didn't work out.

That's what happened to me at least... maybe if you were really into it you'll like it again, but why not pick something more productive to spend your time on... learn the guitar, learn a 3d modeling software, read some books, or god forbid, go outside and make some other friends, or start riding a bike, or whatever!
    ###My Main Rig### Nicknamed "Daddys Lambo"
    *Storage* (Raid 0)1 OS x2 SAMSUNG 840 250GB SSD
    *GPU* x1=AMD/ATI (ASUS) Radeon R9 290X
    *CPU*=Intel Core i7 3770k Overclocked @4.7ghZ/Corsair H100i Liquid Cooled
    *MB*=ASRock #Z87 OC FORMULA
    *RAM*=G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series \32GB\DDR3 1600mhz
    *PSU 1*=Rosewill #LIGHTNING-1000
    *CASE*=Corsair #Carbide Series 500R Arctic White
    *Storage 2*=x1 WD Black WD1002FAEX 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s
    *NAS*=QNAP TS-509 Pro/RAID5/(5)Seagate Barracuda #ST3000DM001 3TB

Quote Originally Posted by Dj Spiel View Post
    HAHA Brandon you sound like my sister She goes...yes yes CAMPING...its a place we do things OUTSIDE away from computers.

Or GF....What do you do all day on your computer...Seriously?

I answer I dont know...just surf web/download music/times fly's by so fast...yesterday I spent 2 hours reading on HDR for my D90
    Ya, I agree, I kill a lot of time just surfing the web. However, grinding in WoW is no in way comparable to reading about camera techniques, or anything productive. Also, if you're gonna play a game, play a quality one :P.

I'm looking at Aion, Heroes of Newerth, Anno, and waiting for NS2, SC2, and D3. I assure you, you will not find wow fun. I tried restarting after a year break after 2 years raiding, couldn't get past lvl 20.

For the haters mentioning Aion, it's probably just the next Age of Conan or Warhammer: blahblah. A crappy imitation of the king of MMOs. I know a lot of people aren't very good at WoW and quit, blaming it on the game, but really, there's no competition out there.
    HTPC - 2500k - 212+ - GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3 - 2x4GB G.Skill DDR3-1600 - Crucial MX100 512GB, Spinpoint F3 1TB w/M4 64GB ISRT Cache
    MSI GTX 970 4GB - Silverstone LC10B-E - Corsair RM550

-----
    Main - X3 450 - ASRock A790GMH/128M 790GX - 2x2GB G.Skill 4-4-4-12 - Crucial MX100 256GB, 2xWD Green 1TB
    Gigabyte GTX 460 1GB - Silverstone TJ08 - Corsair CX400W

Nothin' up my sleeve..

Quote Originally Posted by ratbuddy View Post
    For the haters mentioning Aion, it's probably just the next Age of Conan or Warhammer: blahblah. A crappy imitation of the king of MMOs. I know a lot of people aren't very good at WoW and quit, blaming it on the game, but really, there's no competition out there.
    Not hating on WoW, just pointing out the fact that after a certain amount of time, you understand the underlying mechanisms of the game and it no longer becomes hard/challenging/fun. Thus, a different game is necessary.

I'm not really pushing Aion, it doesn't look particularly revolutionary, but then again, the fact that it isn't WoW may give it the novelty that starting over in WoW lacks.

Btw, most people I know quit WoW from either RL issues or burn-out. Very few people I know rage-quit.

OFF TOPIC: but I just never got into that whole MMO thingy.

I tried
    That heoes game vs villians...City of Something...
    and
    the one MMO that is a spacegame Starts with an "E"

I got bored after a few hours.

I find myself playing videos games LESS and LESS these days.

Only time I play is with Nehpew or friends on weekends for small lan fests and thats the below

CSS
    TF2
    L4D
    Supreme Commander/Forged Alliance
    ###My Main Rig### Nicknamed "Daddys Lambo"
    *Storage* (Raid 0)1 OS x2 SAMSUNG 840 250GB SSD
    *GPU* x1=AMD/ATI (ASUS) Radeon R9 290X
    *CPU*=Intel Core i7 3770k Overclocked @4.7ghZ/Corsair H100i Liquid Cooled
    *MB*=ASRock #Z87 OC FORMULA
    *RAM*=G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series \32GB\DDR3 1600mhz
    *PSU 1*=Rosewill #LIGHTNING-1000
    *CASE*=Corsair #Carbide Series 500R Arctic White
    *Storage 2*=x1 WD Black WD1002FAEX 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s
    *NAS*=QNAP TS-509 Pro/RAID5/(5)Seagate Barracuda #ST3000DM001 3TB

R. Kelly is my roll model EvilCloudStrife's Avatar
    arent very good at wow? lol

previous gladiator, end game raider saying that world of warcraft sucks.

I'm glad I quit 2 months ago, Its not the gameplay, graphics, or story that makes me want to go back - its the social aspect of the game. I cant tell you how much fun it was playing arena drinking all night with my friends and laughing about stupid ****. It wasnt arena itself, or raiding itself. It was laughing and having a good time with friends.

So in the end - World of warcraft just isnt that good of a game.
    Name: Apocalypse
    Motherboard: DFI NF4 Ultra-D Bios 623-3
    CPU: AMD 939 Opteron 148 CABYE 0536 & XP-120 W/ Sanyo Denki 120mm Fan - 11x264 - 2900Mhz - 1.52V - 25C Idle - 38C Load
    RAM: OCZ Gold Edition 2GB (2 x 1GB) - UCCC - 1:1 - 264Mhz - 3-4-3-8 - 2.68V
    Videocard: Evga 7800GT 256-P2-N518 (500/1200)
    DVD: NEC 16XDVD+/-RW
    Hard Drives: (1)Western Digital 7200 250GB 16MB SATA2, (2)Western Digital 7200 250GB 16MB SATA2, Western Digital 7200 200GB 8MB IDE, (1) Westen Digital 7200 250GB 2MB IDE, (2) Western Digital 7200 250GB 2MB IDE, (3) Removable Western Digital 7200 250GB 2MB USB2 Enclosure
    PSU: OCZ 520W SLI Powerstream

Chuck Norris owns the greatest Poker Face of all-time. It helped him win the 1983 World Series of Poker despite him holding just a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoloy card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game UNO

Nope, it's nothing like AoC or Warhammer. Used to think the same but as I've been playing it more, even though the questing and leveling is similar to other mmo's, the end-game focus is different. And it's run by a completely different company.

I don't understand how people would quit WoW for not being 'very good' at it. If anything, more people would actually stay there since it's the easiest and most casual MMO out (and keeps getting even more so). I quit WoW last year before even trying out Aion (heard about Aion but didn't care about it) because it was way too easy and boring, way too much of the same; and many other people I know also quit it for that reason.

Aion is less casual friendly and less forgiving, especially in end-game. It has enough new gameplay mechanics to actually feel like something new and different, it also puts more emphasis on World PvP and large scale Seiges (RvR kind of, except it's PvPvE). WoW currently has more content and more 'polish' in many ways since it's been out for so long, but as a WoW fanboy even I would easily admit that Aion is (in 1.0 beta) more polished and overall better in many aspects than WoW was at release. On top of that, Aion will be released with patch 1.5 which is 3 large content patches ahead of what I've currently played in the 1.0 beta.
    Asus P5Q Pro
    Q9550 E0 @ 3.8 Ghz 1.25v
    XFX RHD 5850 (max stable 1025/1225/1.33v)
    6GB G.Skill PC8500
    Corsair 550VX
    Windows7 Ultimate x64

I played WoW for about 3 days and got to level 17. I quit. it was boring... Im sorry, but running around looking for some zebras so I can kill them and collect their bladder for some twisted troll whos too damn lazy to do it himself just isn't fun.

I started back up again about 2 or 3 months ago, and am lvl 72 now, and I still think its boring, and stand by my original assessment, BUT I have some people to play with that I know in RL, so I keep playing. As much as I like Final Fantasy XI and EVE, and CoX, I dont know anyone in RL who plays them, so it gets boring. (note, not one game mentioned has anything even similar to WoW.)

And dont even get me started on the whole "My dog ate my keys, can you take him for a walk and pick through his **** for me?"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast