• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

back to wow after a year, need a new home

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
the game has changed

I agree with alot of you how the game has lost its appeal. Now everyone has epics, and getting epics is very easy to do.

with those epics alot of players do not know how to play theyre class, not saying I am exempt, I am learning how to Tank at the moment on my 3rd lvl 80. who is 10 and 25 man naxx ready, quite a few epics I bought right out of the auction house which gets you well on your way gear wise.

So anymore the game is set up for achievements and knowing how to effectively play your class in the raids. Coupled with every dorky know it all kid on the planet playing ( just read trade chat during peak hours and you know exactly what I'm talking about ) all of who brags they can do 8k dps and blah blah blah. gets old.

who I might add get owned perfectly well whenever anything goes wrong in any type of lvl 80 group, but you never hear them talk about that, no its always domination and I got the most dps around...

I still play the game despite what the game has evolved into. Remember pre-bc when you had to earn your tier 1 and 2 in the end game content? no heroics, no auction house littered with epics for the average player, and alot of people were still on theyre way to lvl 60? oh and mains were not parked nearby because all of us were on our first toon (mostly)

yes that wow is long gone, now its bored level 80's complaining in 25 man vault when the lightning protectors die at 8 stack charge and 5 or 6 dorks cry out FAIL, and threaten to leave and insist on damage meters, and low dps piggy backers get flammed and dimed out.

yes that is the wow we have today folks, sure is alot of fun.

I still play, I have always played, I will continue to play....

arent very good at wow? lol

previous gladiator, end game raider saying that world of warcraft sucks.

I'm glad I quit 2 months ago, Its not the gameplay, graphics, or story that makes me want to go back - its the social aspect of the game. I cant tell you how much fun it was playing arena drinking all night with my friends and laughing about stupid ****. It wasnt arena itself, or raiding itself. It was laughing and having a good time with friends.

So in the end - World of warcraft just isnt that good of a game.

Very true. Getting on vent and talking to people was a good part of the game. After I quit, I would get on and talk and see how things were going with people. And every guild has the cut up or the phrase that makes everyone laugh. Example: leeroy jenkins movie. When our guild first started raiding MC way back in the day, everything was quite right before rag, and then all of the sudden we heard the intro to "i wear my sunglasses at night" and some guy started signing it for moral support. That became our 'battle charge' for a little bit. LOL... good times.

yes that wow is long gone, now its bored level 80's complaining in 25 man vault when the lightning protectors die at 8 stack charge and 5 or 6 dorks cry out FAIL, and threaten to leave and insist on damage meters, and low dps piggy backers get flammed and dimed out.

You pug stuff?? :eek:

Sorry.

OFF TOPIC: but I just never got into that whole MMO thingy.

I tried
That heoes game vs villians...City of Something...
and
the one MMO that is a spacegame Starts with an "E"

I got bored after a few hours.

I find myself playing videos games LESS and LESS these days.

Only time I play is with Nehpew or friends on weekends for small lan fests and thats the below

CSS
TF2
L4D
Supreme Commander/Forged Alliance

Yep, I find that certain games fit certain schedules, and once you get one from each timeslot, you maximize potential playing time. My list is something like this:

CS1.6/TF2 - quick and dirty, can play if only 5-10 minutes available
WC3(dota)/L4D - 45min to an hour

If you get enough variety in each "timeslot", you end getting very little done because you can fit in gaming any time you want. And of course, you can always play longer than the minimum time.

EDIT: Sorry for the thread derailment, I'll stop now :X

Back