• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Two 1.5TB 5400RPM Samsungs $200 FS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
cliffnotes on the negative review: I am a slow reading bag of douche, and am flipping out because I took a typo to heart.

Just found this deal as well...just what I'd been waiting for...and now I'm broke :(

newegg probably had it listed as retail when he purchased. when i bought my 1tb samsungs they had them listed as retail, but i received oem drives with no cable

15gb / $ thats a smokin deal. too bad they are 5400rpm drives tho.

Most people buying these things are going to be using them for mass storage, often on servers where the network speed makes HD speed pretty secondary. I can't imagine using a 1.5TB drive as an OS drive.

Most people buying these things are going to be using them for mass storage, often on servers where the network speed makes HD speed pretty secondary. I can't imagine using a 1.5TB drive as an OS drive.

I could see doing what i did with the 500gb hd on my server. 60gb partition for OS and apps... the rest for storage

if these hds get much cheaper i may have to grab one for my server... my 420ish gb storage partition is slowly but surely filling up with backups, and those 10ish gb bluray rips that magically appear on it.

15gb / $ thats a smokin deal. too bad they are 5400rpm drives tho.

I've got Samsung's 1TB F2 EcoGreen drive and its surprisingly quick for a 5.4K drive. It out runs both my other SII drives on my comp, but those are 3 years old so thats not really saying much.

yep that actually work... :)

EDIT: $160 shipped for 3TB? u mean $199 right?

Last edited:
spinpoints are my 2nd favorite drives, quiet and vibration free. my favorite are of course raptors. I'd buy them, but man I cannot justify spending $200 on them just yet.

Just grabbed a set with a friend if anyone is interested I can do a comparison of the following 1.5TB drives soon

Samsung F2 (5400RPM, 3x 500GB Platters)
Seagate LP (5900RPM, 3x 500GB Platters)
Seagate 7200.11 (7200RPM, 4x 375GB Platters)

If only I had a Western Digital as well but they are just so darn expensive

Samsung is coming out with the F3 series very soon which will contain only 7200rpm drives where as the F2 holds only 5400rpm drives and F1 holds 333GB platter drives (with a few exceptions). I don't recall if the F3 lineup got past 1TB but it might

As for Seagate I think they are leery after their 7200.11 1.5TB drive.

I really don't see much of a need for high rpm drives of such capacity as they are rarely used as system drives and are usually used for supplemental storage of media. Also by decreasing the rpm the drives last longer and thus less RMAs and you get the marketing advantage of saying that your drives are energy efficient.

We are moving towards system, apps, and games stored on SSD and media stored on HDD and for that usage hard drives dont need to spin very fast.

Last edited:
Back