• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dell Studio 14z or other ultraportable?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Is_907

Just wondering what ultraportables you all would recommend over the Dell Studio 14z?
Best Buy has a decent deal on a new one here: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=9358009&type=product&id=1218090589869 and it's in stock at my local store.

I like the fact that it has 5hr battery life and DDR3... although I am a bit weirded out by the fact that there's only 1 DIMM slot and the first 1GB is soldered in.

Suggestions? Reports of this being the best ultraportable since sliced bread?
And please, don't suggest netbooks. I need 13" or 14" screen sizes and real power. C2Ds are my friends.

in that price bracket you've hit the mark with a good deal as far as i'm concerned; although i hesitate to call the 14z an ultaportable.

Take a look at customizing a studio 14z on dell.com. You can get a 900p screen (1600x900 instead of the 1366x768 on the BB model) and a backlit keyboard, among other goodies. Keep in mind there is a 7% Dell EPP/student discount out there as well.

I'm also seriously considering (read almost purchasing) the studio 14z as well, but the new lenovo u450p should be coming out soon which promises to give the studio 14z a run for its money. price-wise i have no idea how they'll compare yet, but spec wise they should be comparable. It's the only thing keeping me from buying a 14z today, that and the slim hope of better deals and sales in the coming week.

Back