• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New system, need suggestions.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BraedenNaylor

Okay, need to setup liquid cooling in my new system. Everything is in a Cooler Master HAF 932 Full Tower. For now all i want to do is liquid cool the CPU. Using an X58 classified with intel I7.

Will evntually cool GPU, northbridge, etc.

Any suggestions on a setup?

Thanks

if your just making a start but plan to build upon then my sacred list is :-

D5 vario (any)
swiftech triple rad (not silly money but effective)
some mid price tubing (some may disscolour and leach but its thicker walled and helps I find with bend radius)
and theres plenty of sensible blocks to choose from really.

I`ll go refresh my memory on your case (never really plan on fitting anything in my case assuming the machine in question has a case)

The HAF 932 should take a swifttech (MCR320) triple at the top with zero modifications. You can also fit a double or triple in front of the hdd's, depending on how long your graphics card(s) are.

If you are going for a D5 vario, you might want to use the Typhoon III bay res. It allows 2 parallel loops later on, but even if you don't want to use that option, its a decently performing pump top, with the convenience of a bay mount.

The current SOTA CPU block is the Heatkiller 3.0. It's only drawback is that its mounting hardware can be difficult compared to something like the GTZ. I don't do case modding but I can say that planning ahead in terms of surface area (radiator(s)) is the prudent choice. Get a lot more than what you think you need. Having a lot of surface area is the gift that keeps on giving! :D

Have you water cooled before or is this your first time? Are you going for silence, maximum cooling ability or a combination of the two?

Back