• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CryEngine2 vs CryEngine3 comparison

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Lol, if there were a game called Crysanthemum, no doubt people would complain about Crytek, even if they didn't make it. I mean people who didn't like Far Cry 2 blamed Crytek, heck some people even blamed them for Cryostasis, lol.

Well, I just think they're Crybabies.

Thank you, I'll be here all week! :bday:

- Blackstar

Console games get dumbed down to work.You figure the console version has to work on identical hardware.While the pc version is the sky is the limit so to say.

CE3 Does look like medium settings on CE2.They gotta make that game run somehow on the console.
Stuff like this is why I sold all my xbox stuff and built my rig in sig 2 weeks ago.If I want more from a game graphically I can get it where as the 360 I am stuck with what I get

Nothing is ever dumbed down for the PC. Every game is made on a pc, then dumbed down to work on a console.
Sadly most multiplatform games out there are all made for the consoles and all we get is the added support for higher resolutions, AA/AF and stuff like that. It perfects the game similar on the console, but does not fully make use of the PCs potential so we can get superior games that do justice to PC gaming (with delayed releases)
CE3 Does look like medium settings on CE2.They gotta make that game run somehow on the console.
Stuff like this is why I sold all my xbox stuff and built my rig in sig 2 weeks ago.If I want more from a game graphically I can get it where as the 360 I am stuck with what I get
Who cares what it ends up looking like? Fact is, even PC will get the same game developed on the same engine (not CE2). CryEngine 3 is developed with consoles in mind. So unless Crytek really pushes it more to its limits on the PC, the difference will be quite minor. But right now, the focus is all on getting the best looking game on the consoles, not the PC (we already got that).

Crytek has taken a back seat with regards to PC gaming, which is sad for a developer who gave us Crysis.

Back