• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Psychiatrists coming to WoW

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I still don't get it..

The longest I've ever played a game was a stint of Zelda:Ocarina of Time followed by a stint of Shenmue at about five and three and a half hours respectively, and I remember thinking to myself how rediculous I was (This was about ten years ago).

These days I never really play for more than an hour. I'll go for two in Flight Simulator X but that's passive. I'm doing something else while my plane autopilots to location X and just checking up on it every two minutes to make sure nothing is on simulated fire etc.

I can tell you what will happen.. The therapists will become addicted to WOW and the anti-gameing people will have a field day :)

I have been able to stop playing world of warcraft for about 2 months now. I am still addicted, as I want to get on even as we speak. I was playing upwards of 12-18 hours a day. Its pretty pathetic. I'm glad I got away, but now I feel very bored all the time. I just registered for class for the first time in a year and a 1/2.

that game is evil. I had 4 80s, 2 of which had best in slot naxx, my rogue was working on ulduar hardmodes, I had 95,000 gold between my characters, full maxxed out professions and all epic flyers.

in the process of 2 and 1/2 years I gained 70lbs and lost close to all my rl friends. This is a true story, LOL.

I call bull****... these are the same people who tried to tell us that games like GTA are what caused Columbine. yes, some people get to into it, but to go so far as to say it is a psychological disorder seems a bit extreme.

I call bull****... these are the same people who tried to tell us that games like GTA are what caused Columbine. yes, some people get to into it, but to go so far as to say it is a psychological disorder seems a bit extreme.

Yea I agree, its peoples fault if they are addicted to the game its not the games problem if the person lacks self control and wants to waste all their time. However I do agree its probably more addictive than crack for some people. Myself, I couldent play long. I play like 1 hour and im bored and get sick of it.

I find MMOs the most boring of all games, because its just level griding and repedative quests. It has no point, I already sit through a endless game that has quests and no point, its called life. lol.

However first person shooters and stuff, I can get into them. Play them about 2-3 hours on the weekend or something, but for the most part. I spend very very very little time gaming. I always have to make my self usefull, can't just sit around.

Yea I agree, its peoples fault if they are addicted to the game its not the games problem if the person lacks self control and wants to waste all their time. However I do agree its probably more addictive than crack for some people. Myself, I couldent play long. I play like 1 hour and im bored and get sick of it.

I find MMOs the most boring of all games, because its just level griding and repedative quests. It has no point, I already sit through a endless game that has quests and no point, its called life. lol.

However first person shooters and stuff, I can get into them. Play them about 2-3 hours on the weekend or something, but for the most part. I spend very very very little time gaming. I always have to make my self usefull, can't just sit around.

+1 to that.

I played WoW for a straight 5 years now (since Alpha Beta) Just stopped recently because my job and GF got serious at the same time. Pretty much for the past 3 years its been Monday-thursday 8pm - midnight raiding. Either I was leading the raid or helping lead the raid. In one quick motion i stopped it all and haven't looked back. At any point anyone else can do the same thing and leave a game; thats how you can get up from say Mario Brothers and come back to it later.

These people are looking to blame someone else besides looking into the mirror.

Sounds to me like the shrink is looking for an excuse to make his WoW habits a tax write-off as a business expense. Cost of gold, power-leveling and multiple accounts can really add up you know. :bday:

Back