• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dell 730x Water Cooling Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

chidoriglance

Hey I have a Dell 730x which came with a water cooler for the i7 965 processor. Everest says that each of the cores are running are running at 110 degrees Fahrenheit +/- 1 or 2 degrees. My question is, how do I know the water cooler is working? I don't hear it at all and never have. Any help would be extremely, extremely appreciated. :soda:

It's working just based on your temps. If it wasn't working your CPU would overheat and shut down.

Run Prime95 small-fft for 15-30mins and see how hot it gets. Use RealTemp to monitor temps.

They shot up to 70-80 degrees Celsius which is like 165-ish in Fahrenheit I think off the top of my head. Is that good?

My co-worker has one of those but with a I7 920 CPU (I think), its gets pretty hot. He even has a desk fan blowing right onto the computer itself :p.

Those are ok temps for an i7. If the cooling wasn't working they would be pegged at the 100*c shutdown point, or not functioning at all.

Question for OP: Always wondered on Dell XPS models can you overclock through BIOS? I'm been seeing stories that say it can but not sure.

Question for OP: Always wondered on Dell XPS models can you overclock through BIOS? I'm been seeing stories that say it can but not sure.

Yeah, I actually found a link on this forums when I was looking for other solutions (which I will be making a thread of shortly): Here's the link:

And thank you all for responding. It helped me out a lot.

Here's the link to my other thread: http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?p=6180966#post6180966

Last edited:
Back