• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

UPS broke my computer...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Will UPS Ever Change?

UPS guy has a new TV :soda: except the soda is a brand new tv =P

Did you get in contact with UPS store?

i honestly think it goes by area and local service, i know for me my ups driver is great no smashed packages, my boss uses them as well, great service. on the other hand fedex not so great in my area, lazy
but then i again i have heard the opposite from other people sooo i think its all about the driver you get :(

Oh wow, are things really SO bad?

I've been doing research on the topic because the UPS guy who is responsible for my street doesn't give a damn about the parcels at all. My home security camera has caught him flinging parcels at my porch several times. Sooner or later something IS going to be damaged. I just want to know if they will reimburse at all. In case you are curious, here is how he manhandled my parcel the other day:

https://alfred.camera/tv/8yfqfhGs16AD1

Trying not to buy from sellers who ship via UPS from now on...

Thread from 09...

If you have video amd the product is damaged, im sure you will be reimbursed.

Depends on the shipper too. When Audioengine shipped my powered A5+'s, they put the cooling fins of the powered one almost up against the sidewall of the box. Sure enough received them with bent fins which went through the sidewall as with the way they packed it all it would take is one drop on cement. Not sure how stupid shippers can be but I know govt. shipments have an extensive manual or it will be refused.
As far as shipping a complete ready to turn on pc, I'd definitely pack the interior of the case with wadded up newspaper at the least.

I sent a built rig across the continent (via Greyhound Freight under a bus for 2500 miles) twice, and the first time it fored right up, after removing the bubble wrap packed inside. I'll have to wait for the second time to see. Probably a week or so from now. Working at a bike dealership I watched a UPS driver throw a $750 titaium exhaust about 10 feet out of the back of the truck. This was the second one to replace the first header that was bent in shipping. I put it back on the truck and went inside and called Rob Muzzy personally. The third one was carried in to the shop and handed to the service manager. LOL

Back