• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need a UPS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

blakehenry00

Just had a brown out, killed a 17" dell flat screen (no biggie got it for free), What is a good one out there for less the $80?
Specs:
Q6600 3.4GHz, 1.4v
285 GTX
Corsair TX750

Just had a brown out, killed a 17" dell flat screen (no biggie got it for free), What is a good one out there for less the $80?
Specs:
Q6600 3.4GHz, 1.4v
285 GTX
Corsair TX750

You are probably not going to find a UPS (battery backup) that will support that system without overloading the battery (especially since its overclocked). You can look into a voltage regulator though:

http://www.apc.com/products/family/index.cfm?id=67

You are probably not going to find a UPS (battery backup) that will support that system without overloading the battery (especially since its overclocked). You can look into a voltage regulator though:

http://www.apc.com/products/family/index.cfm?id=67
I run my main system off a normal APC battery backup unit. I forget the model (at work now), but I only paid $120 for it new. I can run my main system and both my 24" panels for around 5 mins. It isn't even that large.

I'm more needing something that shut down only, I am not looking to mess around while the power is out. Lol.
Any will work that have a USB cable to the computer. Just have it shutdown when at 50% battery. That gives you ~2 minutes to gain power back, if not, it should shut down automatically.

Um, I think any will not work if it cannot handle the current. For example, people gave my 255 watt UPS poor reviews... because they had a computer + screen plugged into it. Then again, I'm a noob too.

I previously had a CyberPower 1200VA unit I picked up for $120.

After moving out, that got requisitioned by my parents so I picked up an APC 750VA unit for $50 when it was on sale at Fry's. It was about 1/2 off. Nice deal I'd have to say.

Back