• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

hi could some what tell me what they think of this vid card

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wowgamer

Registered
128MB ATi FireGL V3100 Video Card
be strait ford people i need to know i its good ir if it sucks:bang head

Um, it sucks?

It's older, it was used for CAD-related stuff. Great in it's time for it's intended purposes but nothing to game with and not current. What more to say?

Its an old workstation card from 2004 if you want it for gaming there are better choices

na i was just looking fo a computer to serf with so i could free up stuff on my older gaming computer till i got a job

If you're only surfing the web it would be sufficient, but so would an onboard solution.

Do you already have the card? I wouldn't buy it for that purpose because you could find something cheaper that would suffice. Does your motherboard have onboard video?

I'm not positive, but I believe the V3100 was the equivalent of a Radeon X600. It would be OK to use if you already have it, but I wouldn't pay more than about $10 for one if you're looking to buy it (and even then I'd be rather disinclined to choose that over a more modern solution). Otherwise, you'd be better off just spending $25 for a Radeon 4350 or something. Assuming, of course, that you don't have onboard video with your motherboard.

Back