• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Why I will never buy open box from Newegg

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Truthfully i think the only place i would buy an open box from is newegg.
+2. They do a pretty decent job for refurbished merchandise. Very few places will sell open box items with as good a warranty as Newegg does.

There is also the issue of Open Box potentially being older and not having the latest software (bios) you'd get with a newer product.

I think you should change your thread title ... its missleading anyone who dont read it all to a simple conclusion : newegg open box are crap ... and this is wrong.

I buyed refurb, open box and many other "used item" from newegg and many other store and i never had issue. Even if this thread if 4 yrs old.

The title is from 2009, it was resurrected by SChalice's first and so far only post.

I just dont like to see these kinda thread with missleading and/or false title about know good shop.

I just dont like to see these kinda thread with missleading and/or false title about know good shop.

Facts are facts... Bad reviews are just a warning to others and ya, this is from a long long time ago.

Don't you love it when somebody registers out of nowhere and only makes one single post in a very old thread? :D
This and the 10's of other examples of necrothreading, are why I asked repeatedly (but gave up a while ago) to have old threads auto close after XX amount of time. This site prefers its member raising the dead it seems.

while the post is bumped.... FWIW ~75% of everything i buy from newegg is open box, the only rma i have ever had to do was for some gskill ram, not open box, the sticks just died after like a week, both of them lol. but newegg replaced them free. most of the open box stuff i have bought you couldn't even tell it was open box.

I've purchased numerous OB items from Newegg and have never had a problem. The only things I've had to return were faulty (new) cables and a refurb laptop with a stuck pixel, for which Newegg paid the return shipping.

Maybe you all are much more lucky than I was… Again this was 3.5 years ago as well.
I believe an item that is actually only 'open box' will be fine, as I said before I've gotten mainboards that were fine. Those video cards were obviously used and probably damaged by the original owner. Newegg should not have put them back in circulation without testing them or at least have listed them in the actual condition which would have been "Used, Un-tested, Sold AS IS". I'm pretty sure no one would buy anything with a description like that.

This thread was started 4 years ago man... Threads are supposed to be started to ask questions or provide information that is both current and relevant

This thread was started 4 years ago man... Threads are supposed to be started to ask questions or provide information that is both current and relevant
I have been begging the staff for years to auto close old threads... maybe someday if the squeaky wheel gets loud enough... :D

LOL!

I have been begging the staff for years to auto close old threads... maybe someday if the squeaky wheel gets loud enough... :D

...and the staff for years has never understood some people's oft-repeated problem with people posting relevant information / questions / comments in old threads. :shrug:

Isn't the topic of "Buying open box" just as valid now as it was 4 years ago? The "Report post" member has made three posts in this thread this year, two are valid and one is complaining.

Yotabeast505 is a new member, he's not a spammer. Let's give him a break?

Back