• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Why I will never buy open box from Newegg

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
If you want to look at it through myopic lenses, sure, this thread is valid. If you choose to see the forest through the trees, perhaps the perception would be different.

Nobody called him a spammer, either.

Isn't the topic of "Buying open box" just as valid now as it was 4 years ago? The "Report post" member has made three posts in this thread this year, two are valid and one is complaining.

Yotabeast505 is a new member, he's not a spammer. Let's give him a break?
Thank you. And im just wondering has things changed? Has anyone gotten any accessories with motherboards from open box newegg nowadays? Everything negative i have read has been older.. Im new at building computers also alot has changed over the years.

It just luck of the draw for accessories... most of the time you will only get the adapter plate and booklet.

All i want is to have the I/o plate lol i can download all drivers and asus software it looks like. It just seemed a few years ago everyone said newegg open box sucked and that is right after i bought the board from newegg and its the first thing i saw when i registerd to this forum sorry to the guys that are upset. I thought forums were for help with questions new or old?

Its an on-going issue that just tweaks a few of us that see it happen a lot. What might have been better is if you had started a thread in the vendor section asking for opinions on open box mainboards from newegg... my issue was a video card. All I saw was a random comment on a 4yro thread that did not ask a question or add any input to the original topic...

I have gotten open box mainboards before that worked fine but I'm pretty sure they were manufacture refurbs. Maybe I've been lucky but after a few failures in recent history I want boards that have the full warrantee because they do have issues sometimes.

Someday, the light will shine upon you all. Until then, the dredging will continue.

:rofl: Sorry but upon reading this thread, i have to post, i also will never buy OB electronic again.
Reason: 2 year ago, i bough an OB BEN Q projector from NCIX USA for 40% off the new one price, NCIX give me a 6 month warranty(manufacturer warranty doesn't apply to OB)
The projector work awesome for 6 month but 10 day after the warranty expire, the projector broke down right in the middle of the football game, i'm so embarrassing because i have a bunch of guy and neighbors coming over to watch the game.

All i want is to have the I/o plate lol i can download all drivers and asus software it looks like. It just seemed a few years ago everyone said newegg open box sucked and that is right after i bought the board from newegg and its the first thing i saw when i registerd to this forum sorry to the guys that are upset. I thought forums were for help with questions new or old?

sometimes i get an i/o plate sometimes i dont, it depends what the box was opened for some times they open it to steal out the manual, or accessories. sometimes the i/o plate. one time my "open box" came in a brown unmarked box with just a mobo and driver disk. all luck of the draw. i dont buy anything openbox unless i know its not gonna bother me to have something missing.

i bought some 20 dollar fans open box for 5 bucks. they were missing nothing simply the tape seal was broken on them. that was it. they had screws manuals fans molex adapters everything.

Back