• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

took the window outta my case

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ThePunkGeek

a few months ago my friend helped me mod a window in my case.
the other day i took the side off and foregot to put it back on (i droped around 4°C cpu temp and around 9°C case temp (the case temp is only 3°C over room temp) well anyways i took the window out and put the side back on and still my case is that much cooler. is it a good idea to leave it like this or should i put the window back in

ThePunkGeek said:
a few months ago my friend helped me mod a window in my case.
the other day i took the side off and foregot to put it back on (i droped around 4°C cpu temp and around 9°C case temp (the case temp is only 3°C over room temp) well anyways i took the window out and put the side back on and still my case is that much cooler. is it a good idea to leave it like this or should i put the window back in

EDIT: Just had a brain fart, I would leave it on. Dust and garbage will get into your system and mess things up. Safer with it on.

A while ago when I cut the case for my window and didnt put in the glass yet my cpu temp was 6C cooler! Whatever, I dont trust the mobo temp probe neway

The Temp will usually go down when the case is completely open. The only reason I keep mine on is to insulate the sound... It can get loud without the cover on.
Dust isn't really that much of a threat. Computers aren't as fragile as we like to think.

Dust is a pain, IMHO...I leave my sides on, but have 4 intakes, each with dust filters on them. If you leave the side off you should really go through and clean the insides of your case every two weeks or so...

m_mike_k said:
A while ago when I cut the case for my window and didnt put in the glass yet my cpu temp was 6C cooler! Whatever, I dont trust the mobo temp probe neway

its acually a Compunurse Temperature Display

ThePunkGeek said:

its acually a Compunurse Temperature Display

I knew what u were talking about. I was just saying that I didnt trust my own mobo.

But if u leave the side off wouldnt the fans not do their job? How could you get the air circulating if it blows right out the panel because the side is off?

m_mike_k said:

I knew what u were talking about. I was just saying that I didnt trust my own mobo.

But if u leave the side off wouldnt the fans not do their job? How could you get the air circulating if it blows right out the panel because the side is off?
f

ya i understand am gonna put it back in soon

I took my window out too a while ago and my temps drop 6C. I dont understand it. Maybe my fans dont do their job. I have a Sunon 92mm 52 cfm intake, but only an 80mm around 20cfm exhaust.

Back