• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Taking a Break

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Is_907

Hey all, just want you all to know that I am now, officially, taking a break from folding again =/
I'm close to 2million points but need to cut down bills as much as possible.

My wife and I just moved to Texas (DFW area) for a new job and I need to use every bit of income we've got to pay off some debt (student loans, credit cards, car... meh)

Anyway, saving on the electric bill is part of this. I've already been cutting down my folding severely since the monkey-contest. Went from about 20k ppd to like 3k heh.

No, I'm not abandoning the forums or the chat but I can't fold right now. The end. ;)
Oh yeah, and :beer: all around.

Just one folding rig at at time is really what its all about. :soda:

Good luck with your new move! :burn:

Good luck with the new job! :beer: We'll be here when you get ready for your comeback. :)

Congrats on your New Job and Hope your Move was smooth, Know how that can be,,

We,re all here for you, you will be back up to steam soon no doubt, good luck and best wishes to you and the Wife!! :beer:

Taking a break is a-ok :) Hope to see you back sometime soon.

Congrats on the move, job and decision to pay down debt. Getting out from under such debt is liberating in more ways than you can imagine, and you'll thank yourself later for doing it when you did. Kudos :clap:

We all know how it is to need to take a break, even if we really don't want to. I know I have had to stop for a little bit, and it drove me insane. I kept checking the stats pages, just to see who was passing me and watching myself slip down the ranks. It can be painful, but RL comes first, whether we like it or not. Hope to see you back soon, stop by when you have a chance and say "Hi". Good luck with the new job.:beer:

Thanks for the encouragement, all. I know it's not a huge savings but just a little bit less energy pull will make my bills smaller lol ;)

Back