• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Moving Data from old PC to new

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

blakehenry00

Alright so I got a job and I am not sure how to pull it off. She gave me an old computer and I just built her one. But, the problem is that I have no clue how to get all of the data over without losing any. Externals are not an option to her.

How much data are we talking about? And why are externals out of the question? If it's just a small amount of data and you have a router you can network them together and share files.

Well the old PC is getting trashed, and we are talking less than 180gigs. I was thinking of some kind of program, or something of the likes. Or just plugging it up and drag+drop on the new pc?

I would say a ethernet patch cable would be the fastest, copy and paste doesnt get much easier haha.

That or just remove the old drive and hook it up to the new comp. move the data from old to new; then remove the old drive and away you go!

Back