• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

swiftech too heavy for the socket?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BigRed

Caffinated Member
i ordered a socket 370 swiftech for my gigabyte/1.2 cellery im getting and this thing weighs a ton! jeez it must be like 4lbs.
how much weight could the socket on the mobo withstand before the hsf tabs on the socket break? or before it puts too much stress on the pcb?

Might weigh a ton, but it's still less than a Glaciator. I've used a Glaciator I for many months on both a socket and a slocket configuration and my socket lugs don't look bad. Just don't move it around and it will be fine...

Sklathill said:
Might weigh a ton, but it's still less than a Glaciator. I've used a Glaciator I for many months on both a socket and a slocket configuration and my socket lugs don't look bad. Just don't move it around and it will be fine...
well im not going to move it much but i do go to lan partys like every month and thats what im worried about.
when i just transport my case ill just lay it on its side (mobo facing up) and maybe ill take some zipties and reinforce the swiftech, like make a brace for it to rest on.

It should hold in place. If you plan to move your computer a lot, just carefully tilt it horizontally and move it that way. There should be no problems having the tower vertically as long as the LANers over there don't knock your tower over.

Bonka said:
It should hold in place. If you plan to move your computer a lot, just carefully tilt it horizontally and move it that way. There should be no problems having the tower vertically as long as the LANers over there don't knock your tower over.
they better not, if they do they better get comfortable with a boot up their *** :p

Back