• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Microphone constantly playing over speakers - how to turn it off?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sjaak

I got a very annoying problem with my mic - basically, from the second windows boots, it will play everything it records right back over my speakers, even tho I have the mic muted and volume turned way down in the control panel.

Windows 7 enterprise, all updated
club 3d theatron agrippa

Ideas? Waiting for a reply from club3d for awhile now and google doesnt give any other hints other than muting the mic which I've already done.

- Sjaak.

I sort of fixed it by enabling the onboard sound on my p6t and using that for the mix but it feels..less than ideal..

I had to look up the soundcard, it looks like it's a rebranded Auzentech Xplosion? Anyhow it's very strange that it plays the mic over speakers even with it muted and volume at 0. Normally a mic would play over speakers if 'monitoring' is enabled, usually it's a checkbox type of control in the audio control panel, but with it muted and volume at 0 it shouldn't even play back with monitoring enabled. Soo...look in the soundcard control panel under recording or input for monitoring on the mic.

It appears the drivers aren't yet 100% win 7 compatible and the soundcard control panel crashes whenever I try to open it. Oh well, at least the output quality is great and mic sort of works now :p

Back