• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Multiple display question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Scott9027

So, I've got a new rig on the way with an ASUS m4a78-e, which features an onboard 3300 if I'm not mistaken. If I run my 23" desk monitor on my HD4890, and hook my 37" TV up to the onboard video, what would that do to my overall PC performance? Would playing a game on the 4890 suffer while the computer was playing one video on VLC via the onboard video to my TV? Or running a VLC playlist or Firefox window w/ Pandora?

Is this more of a question of CPU power or RAM?

This will not cause any problems. All you are doing is multitasking, and running several applications at once is not a problem for any CPU in the past several years. The only issue may be that the onboard may not be able to do an run an HD resolution on your HDTV.

Is this more of a question of CPU power or RAM?

Essentially...

This will tax your overall system more, so you want to make sure everything is up to par and ready for it.

Also keep in mind that your pc will be creating more heat, which since it is an onboard video card, will probably tax your motherboard's cooling.. so make sure you're ready for this :)

Other then that though, you should be fine.

Back