• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Buying Sk6, delta or Ystech??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Element-Xero

Upgrading my aluminum Dragon Orb :)() to an SK6:))) since they are cheap now. Just curious about which fan to use. Noise is an issue, but not enough of an issue to lose a large amount of cooling power. However, if I can lose 1 or 2 degrees of cooling power for a much quieter fan, thats acceptable.

thanks.

Go for an Alpha PAL8045... it's about $5 more and seats an 80mm fan instead of a 60mm. 80mm is much quieter for the amount of air it puts out. A Panaflo 80mm L1A puts out 24cfm's at 21dba. Every 10dba is an apparrent doubling of the noise. Compare that to a 60mm fan... higher model panaflo's (M1A, H1A) will put out tons of air while being much quieter. All 60mm fans that cool well are hairdryers... there isn't any inbetween on them :). Get the 8045... it's MUCH nicer.

Element-Xero said:
ps- watercooling your north bridge and hard drives?!

thats a bit extreme :)

Nope, it isn't. In a watercooled system, heat crops up where it normally isn't a problem because normally there is a forced airflow :). Northbridges at 200mhz need good cooling... a standard blorb-style fan just doesn't cut it for them. The idea is to cut down on noise and get supercooling :). Sure I could toss a fan to keep my HDD's from overheating, but then it would be noisy..

Back