Heatware Profile

Guess the low memory prices are over on DDR2.

Anyone noticed that DDR2 kits have shot up in the range of $30 per kit? I was going back to order another 4GB, and now looking at holding off. Guess they've kicked up DDR3 production for i5.
    Desktop: Intel i5-3570k - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H - Samsung DDR3-1600 8GB - Intel 520 240GB SSD - Sapphire HD 7870 Tahiti 2GB - Seasonic X650 Gold

I know there's no grand plan here. This is just the way it goes.
    Heatware

Registered
    I did the other day, was building a budget pc, and noticed the price was higher then i expected...

Looked back, the same on I had built maybe 6 months ago, the biggest difference was the ram, and I couldn't find anything cheaper.

10 Year Badge
    Heatware Profile
    Prices have been creeping up and there have been a couple of threads recently on this topic. I've linked ezine articles discussing reasons in those threads, but it boils down to a decrease in manufacturing intended to better balance supply with demand. This has resulted in DRAM pricing rising and the forcast is for a continued increase. Whether those forcast hold, only time will tell.

For some of those links go here:

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=616307
    In memory of Gracie, my sweet, sweet wife and mother of my children. Darling, we will miss you dearly. May you rest in peace (born to this world on March 30, 1976; went to her Heavenly Father on Good Friday, April 22, 2011).

http://animoto.com/play/E0wFhd6tN0nA...ent=challenger

Heat

not only are they creeping up but the uber high en mem is very hard to find,,,
    asus crosshair formula 3 w/ek full board silver/acetal water block
    pc&p silencer 750
    x4-965 w/ek hf supreme full copper water block
    mcp655vario/rx480rad/swifty microres x2each
    xfx 6970
    2x4gig muskin 787 24 1600
    mushkin callisto 60gig ssd
    wd velociraptor 300
    wd 1tb
    seagate 1tb
    sum dvd burner
    case NZXT zero