• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Guess the low memory prices are over on DDR2.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

shadin

Anyone noticed that DDR2 kits have shot up in the range of $30 per kit? I was going back to order another 4GB, and now looking at holding off. Guess they've kicked up DDR3 production for i5.

I did the other day, was building a budget pc, and noticed the price was higher then i expected...

Looked back, the same on I had built maybe 6 months ago, the biggest difference was the ram, and I couldn't find anything cheaper.

Prices have been creeping up and there have been a couple of threads recently on this topic. I've linked ezine articles discussing reasons in those threads, but it boils down to a decrease in manufacturing intended to better balance supply with demand. This has resulted in DRAM pricing rising and the forcast is for a continued increase. Whether those forcast hold, only time will tell.

For some of those links go here:

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=616307

Back