• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Duel boot help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WyrmMaster

I'm a little teapot Senior
iv had it working before, but im having a bit o trouble now.

The other day i decided to install win98 again, so i could duel boot 98 and 2k. Well it kinda got screwed up and i ended up having to format the 98 partition and run a repair on 2k to get it to boot. I tried it again, same thing, only this time i got an error when i went to repair 2k saying the drive was corrupt. So i formatted the 2k partition, installed 98 on drive D, set it up, and installed 2k on drive C. So far so good. So today i go to use 98, select 98 from the boot menue, and get a black screen, and the monitor goes into stand by. Grrr. So i mess with the boot.ini for a while, no luck. Any idea whats up? 98 was working fine the day before yesterday, and i havent touched that partition since. Im not sure if i have been into 98 since installing 2k, but i THINK i have. If anyone has a setup similar to mine and could send my a boot.ini with 2k on drive C and 98 on drive D i could give that a try, but thats about the only idea iv got. I dont really want to go reinstalling stuff again.

Back