• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

windows vista and windows 7 hang at expanding files 0%

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nurvcom

i tryed installing
windows vista or 7 and both do it

my setup
AMD phenom ii x4 805 2.5ghz
8gb if dd3 1333mhz
1 500gb western-digital hd sata
ati hd4850 pcix video
mobo is gigabyte ga-ma790xt-ud4p

i already had mobo video and memory swaped out thing something is worng

wont go past expading files at all

tryed formatting hd

how long are you waiting?
as it does take a while to start moving past 0% for some reason....
Have a look at your CD-ROM, is it still moving data off?

You probably aren't waiting long enough. I remember it taking about 10 minutes to just go above 0%, after that, things go quicker.

well some time after 10 to 20min it get to 4% and stay there i left on for a day and it would stay at 4%

i tryed new ide cable and diffent dvd rom

my computer befor this

everything worked
fine and installed super fast

old pc
AMD phenom x4 2.5ghz
6gb ddr2 800
SAME 500gb
Same dvd burner rom
gigabyte mobo
ati x1900 512mb
500w ps
this setup would install vista and windows 7 quick with no problems from clean install

I reused dvd burner and harddrive from old pc to this pc and i know they are both Good

this problem got me lost

u guys think i should get a diffent board ? like MSi or asus?

cuss what happen once it on expanding files hdd light and dvd rom light go solid and slow down to super quite and just sit on like nothing happening

cuss what happen once it on expanding files hdd light and dvd rom light go solid and slow down to super quite and just sit on like nothing happening

Sounds like a bad burn, try burning to a dvd from a different package, using a different burner using ImageBurn if you can. Before that, try ejecting and reclosing the cd tray. I remember having to do that somewhere in my 7 install, but I think that was when it said it couldn't find drivers for my cd drive.. :screwy:

Back