• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Why does crysis lag for me?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
OK so I checked with an old wireless keyboard and my 360 controller. Exactly the same result for all 3 (maybe slightly longer for the wireless keyboard and mouse).

Vsync is off
I've changed the pre-render frames thing to every possible option (0 through to 8) and still it lags. When the game is on lowest possible graphics there is low lag but it's still there. The game is running at over 100fps and the CPU usage is down to about 40% or so. Man this is bloody annoying me, I'll try anything if anyone has any other suggestions.

Did you try DX9 mode yet? I'm focusing on that (for now) because I have heard of people having this issue in DX10 but it goes away when they switched to DX9.

I've tried it by right clicking the icon and clicking DX9 thingy. The screen went black as if it were loading and promptly crashed. I have no idea why it's crashed but yeh... that idea seems to be out the window. The strange thing is, I just got warhead up and running (with thanks to leviathan) and there's no lag when I use either the 360 controller or (my preferred choice) my G15 and logitech mouse.

I know it's a simple thing but have you tried reinstalling Crysis?
Also if you have any mods / cheats in the config files they could be altering your reaction rate.

No mods
Re-installed 3 times, nothing
Nothing at all, just plain ol vanilla Crysis all 3 times.

Still really annoying me ;_;

i just got this game and finished it and warhead a few days ago and there was no lag whatsoever not even graphic wise which was nice and it wasnt even patched but like others are saying is it patched and have you tried with patches?

Yes crysis is the only game that lags

I tried it with an old IDE hard drive and same result (just took ages loading)

It's not that there was any graphical lagging (up at 40fps average on everything max (AA at 4x) so it's not that

Man this is really annoying me >.> I was hoping for a game that would push my system to the limit. Apparently not even my keyboard could keep up :(

Nope, no fraps at all. I close all programs that I don't 100% need including MSN, steam, fraps, windows theme stuff, AVG virus scanner, windows connectivity thingy (no internet so I don't need the anti-virus.)

Basically there's no reason for it to lag yet it does. I don't think it's my system either. Aurgh, this is just getting silly =(

i just got this game and finished it and warhead a few days ago and there was no lag whatsoever not even graphic wise which was nice and it wasnt even patched but like others are saying is it patched and have you tried with patches?

Just a idea, I remember FC2 used to be unplayable in DX10, it lagged at like .5 FPS on the menu because of Windows Tablet Input being enabled somehow. Maybe that could be a issue with Crysis? Its not a great idea, but it is one.

Are you running windows 7 perhaps? Crysis has issues on Win7, though the only issues I had with it was random crashing if i attempted to change settings via the menu and such.. Ingame it was fine (if I could get there...)

Just a idea, I remember FC2 used to be unplayable in DX10, it lagged at like .5 FPS on the menu because of Windows Tablet Input being enabled somehow. Maybe that could be a issue with Crysis? Its not a great idea, but it is one.

I use a wacom tablet and have had a fair bit of time on crysis... no tablet issues on vista64 with the tablet enabled... just a thought on your thought anyhow. :)

I have the exact same problem as the original poster had. People, its not FRAMERATE lag, its INPUT lag... so stop thinking around how high/low graphics are.

I got a similar machine, intel i5, 4gb ddr3, GTS 250... can play on very high with 25-40 fps, which is more then enough, but even lowering the graphics, and at 60+ fps, I have the same problem.

Its like I were playing over the internet with 3000 ping, it just takes ages for the player to move after I tell him to.

Have this problem been solved for you "original poster" (lol)? Cause its god damn lame -.- have lag playing in single player... just retarded. I've got the game to the latest patch, with no patch, on high graphics, low graphics, in compatibility mode w/ vista and even XP, tried about anything possible... and nothing works.

Is this a known issue or is it just me and the poster? cause all I see around are people complaining about crysis lag, refering to FPS.

I have the exact same problem as the original poster had. People, its not FRAMERATE lag, its INPUT lag... so stop thinking around how high/low graphics are.

I got a similar machine, intel i5, 4gb ddr3, GTS 250... can play on very high with 25-40 fps, which is more then enough, but even lowering the graphics, and at 60+ fps, I have the same problem.

Its like I were playing over the internet with 3000 ping, it just takes ages for the player to move after I tell him to.

Have this problem been solved for you "original poster" (lol)? Cause its god damn lame -.- have lag playing in single player... just retarded. I've got the game to the latest patch, with no patch, on high graphics, low graphics, in compatibility mode w/ vista and even XP, tried about anything possible... and nothing works.

Is this a known issue or is it just me and the poster? cause all I see around are people complaining about crysis lag, refering to FPS.

If you have fraps just uninstall it and test then reinstall it and see what happens if the uninstall fixes it.... I googled it and 2 people said even with fraps closed it is not enough when trying to run directx10 and you must restart your system after aswell. I dont know if it works but it is worth a try.

I didnt think that would work... seemed... illogical o me that uninstalling fraps would make a diference since I wasnt using it... but it did work lol =P I dont understand why... but lag is gone now.

Thx for the info!

I didnt think that would work... seemed... illogical o me that uninstalling fraps would make a diference since I wasnt using it... but it did work lol =P I dont understand why... but lag is gone now.

Thx for the info!

1000 dollars please for fixing your issue so I can get the new nvidia cards when they come out ehhe.

Its just the way that fraps is programmed that it does it. I should look into it and try to make a patch for it if they dont fix it after i report the error to them.

Guys help me out a little.

I just finished Crysis on High graphics, but in the future I want the games to run on the highest graphics possible - smoothly.

I had an issue in Crysis. When I turned Very High graphics on, screen rate to 1920x1080, AA to 16xQ and VSync on - the problem started.

The game lagged, especially when I moved and turned my head. Also it would randomly lag even on High graphics with Motion Blur turned off, AA on 4x and VSync off. Also I saw few times minor mistakes in the graphics. Weird lines on the faces, objects would disappear for a moment and at one point, I could even see my arms floating in the air freely as I was equipped with the rocket launcher.

Is there something wrong with my hardware? Or is it maybe the game itself? Or did I just buy a noob system 3 weeks ago?

Here are the specs:

- Windows 7 64bit Home Edition

- BenQ G2420HD screen (Maximum refresh rate 60Hz)

- Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.7GHz - Overclocked to 3.67GHz

- Mushkin G.Skill 6144MB DDR3-2000MHz RAM

- Samsung 1 TB Spinpoint F1 7200rpm

- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295 1792MB GDDR3, PCI-E, 2xDVI, HDM

- Asus Rampage II Extreme X58

- Thermaltake 1500W power supply

Please help me, thanks!

Well now reporting back a while later and finding out what the problem was. Basically I had a 360 controller attached. It shouldn't have been a problem since the bandwidth for USB 2.0 is MUCH higher than a keyboard, mouse and 360 controller can create.

It seemed to work though so I'm happy.

Back