• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Service Net is yanking me around.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Some words that tend to get a company's attention from weakest to strongest (I've never had to use anything more):

Consumer Reports (kind of weak but whatever)

BBB

state Attorney General's office - your state and the company's

Also, even though you've emailed already, send a certified letter. That gets a company's attention pretty well too.

Good call on the certified letter.

Krag, type something up and post it up here... I'll help make it sound better and I'm sure others can help too...
if you want, that is... =/

I hope you're spreading your word over the internet as well Krag, this is tragic read man, because of this thread i'm not going to ever buy an LCD tv from newegg.com. Period.

newegg has not been hitting homeruns here as of late.

Sorry man. :/

Man this thread has P****d me off! If I were a newegg customer I would be certainly sending a email and they would loose my custom. It is totally bulls**t, I use a Phillips 37" LCD on my PC and I have fell asleep with a static picture on many times and have no burn-in. Of coarse my screensaver kicks in after an hour. I really hope you get this sorted.

Man this thread has P****d me off! If I were a newegg customer I would be certainly sending a email and they would loose my custom. It is totally bulls**t, I use a Phillips 37" LCD on my PC and I have fell asleep with a static picture on many times and have no burn-in. Of coarse my screensaver kicks in after an hour. I really hope you get this sorted.

It's not just newegg that sells servicenet warrenty's. I have sold quite a few of these stupid plans at mircocenter, but I have heard nothing but good things about them there. Maybe because the techs we have are alot more observant and intellagent than the ones that were sent to krag

Oh, and when you get a replacement sell it, it sounds like a shoddy piece of gear.

I hate this mentality, with a passion! Why unload your misfortunes on somebody else and profit off of it? keep it, and use it, and deal with it. At least you are armed with some type of buyer's warranty, or the insurance he paid for. Selling it off to somebody who will experience the same issues is just cruel.

Taking their money for something you know will fail is just as bad as the insurer's issue here. Maybe I'm the only one that thinks this.

I hate this mentality, with a passion! Why unload your misfortunes on somebody else and profit off of it? keep it, and use it, and deal with it. At least you are armed with some type of buyer's warranty, or the insurance he paid for. Selling it off to somebody who will experience the same issues is just cruel.

Taking their money for something you know will fail is just as bad as the insurer's issue here. Maybe I'm the only one that thinks this.

I strongly disagree with this. For a start how would you know that the replacement would also fail? And when people buy second hand (or new) goods, it's up to them to do research on the item before deciding to shell the money out. Alsong as the seller decribes the item accurately and does not lie it's ultimately the buyers choice to hand over the money.

I strongly disagree with this. For a start how would you know that the replacement would also fail? And when people buy second hand (or new) goods, it's up to them to do research on the item before deciding to shell the money out. Alsong as the seller decribes the item accurately and does not lie it's ultimately the buyers choice to hand over the money.

I'd never do it, and my stance doesn't change, but I can respect your viewpoint also. I just don't think anybody else should make the mistake I made, and I don't care to encourage it... but some people may desperately want what you got in spite of the potential woes.

Point taken, You pretty much decribed what I was getting at really. Just be coarse I think something is poor quality or obsolete doesn't mean someone else won't be perfectly happy with it.

KRAG!!! Where are you with this?! Please, buddy... DON'T GIVE IT UP!!

where is krag from ?? maybe we could look up the fee on small claims ... def think its worth it for him to do this.. at least this would give us all an idea on what chances we have in this situation .. Krag i know it sucks cause its you in this situation but come on, take one for the team ..

KRAG!!! Where are you with this?! Please, buddy... DON'T GIVE IT UP!!

Meh, I am still contemplating. I have until Feb 2010 which is when the warrenty runs out, can't remember if I still have the paper work. I might have chucked it when I was souper tikked.

where is krag from ?? maybe we could look up the fee on small claims ... def think its worth it for him to do this.. at least this would give us all an idea on what chances we have in this situation .. Krag i know it sucks cause its you in this situation but come on, take one for the team ..

I live in WA state. My zip is 98674. I do feel like there is not much more I can do.

They have a filed service report against me (which is frikken not true) what else am I supposed to do? I still have the piece O-CraP! Might just take it out to the gravel pit and hose it down with one of my AKs.:cool:

He's from Mars, didn't you know?!!

He's from Washington state. You can see it below his avatar. :)

Krag my good man, I feel for you.. If I were you, I would toss the LCD in the garbage and move on, or post it on Craiglist for a few bucks.. Now that you're a couple of months away from it being out of warranty, you'll just be "slow rolled' until it's no longer valid.
You did a good thing informing Newegg about it, and while they really can't do much for you personally, they can stop dealing with this Service Net piece of crap outfit.
You did a smart thing buying your new LCD from Costco, and Vizio's are nice screens.

In the end, it all depends how valuable you consider your time, unless you just want to pursue the bad service simply based on principle. First step BBB, second step Attorney General. If I ever do buy a TV from Newegg, I will certainly never purchase an extended warranty through them, especially if it's Service Net. So thanks for making us all better informed consumers.

Now go play some games on that 5970 boiii!! :D

Last edited:
Yeah, well, I was denied. By service net and then by newegg. The service rep that was sent out by servicenet wrote in his report that I had a verticle line from an open word doc that created burn in & the balck smudges were from my "attempts" to rub it out.

krag,

Hopefully you remember being in contact with me. This is Joshua from Newegg. I see that your thread has recently gotten new life and would like you to contact me again. I apologize that I have not posted a reply until now. With the Holiday Season in full force, we are extremely busy. It is truly unfortunate that Service Net denied your claim and I would like to remind the others in this thread that the contract is between krag and Service Net. Yes, it is a Service that we provide; however, we have no control over whether they honor claims or not.

With this said, we are in the business of standing by our customers so I would like to try and follow through with that. Please, at your earliest convenience, contact me at 800-390-1119 ext 25092 or [email protected]

krag,

Hopefully you remember being in contact with me. This is Joshua from Newegg. I see that your thread has recently gotten new life and would like you to contact me again. I apologize that I have not posted a reply until now. With the Holiday Season in full force, we are extremely busy. It is truly unfortunate that Service Net denied your claim and I would like to remind the others in this thread that the contract is between krag and Service Net. Yes, it is a Service that we provide; however, we have no control over whether they honor claims or not.

With this said, we are in the business of standing by our customers so I would like to try and follow through with that. Please, at your earliest convenience, contact me at 800-390-1119 ext 25092 or [email protected]

Always good to see somebody stand up at a company I like. It's unfortunate though, that newegg will probably not leave service net, and I was instantly disgusted when I saw newegg was peddling "insurance" deals.

I said that because he had not one but two units go bad with different multiple problems. I get what you're saying about passing along potential problems but they are just that - potential. Not to mention that people buying used gear usually get a break on the price just because it's used. If Krag wants to deal with the possibility he can but I don't know that I'd want to keep an item like that. Who knows, the new one may work perfectly for years. :shrug:

krag,

Hmm, this is strange. I am not used to this. Lets see what happens...

PM right now. 7:53pm 12-21-09 Pacific

Back