• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Service Net is yanking me around.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
hopefully along with taht pm you sent an email to the one he gave and a jingle .. cause he sounds like a busy man .. if this gets resolved id be pretty happy .. im sure you will be allot more happier .. i just hope that the real problem gets solved (probably not since it brings in so much money) .. the warranty is a joke and needs to be dealt with one way or another .. either dont offer it for items that wouldnt be covered or get rid of Service Net all together and find a more deserving 3rd party warranty ..

the fact that he said its between him and service net and nobody else is a garbage answer .. luckily it doesnt sound like thats gonna be the case but we'll see .. if newegg offers it then regardless they should stand by everyone in the situation ..

lets see .. hope the right thing is done for you krag !!

On a random side note having bearly skimmed this thread...it was my understanding that LCDs were not subject to burning-in as plasma TVs and old CRT monitors are?

Wow, I am very impressed with newegg customer service. They are sending me a new TV. It is 32" instead of 37" and it is a better brand with more inputs.

32" Toshiba

Wow, I am very impressed with newegg customer service. They are sending me a new TV. It is 32" instead of 37" and it is a better brand with more inputs.

32" Toshiba

Hurray for a happy story... but I will say you went through too much trouble to get here and newegg should be looking at this very issue. They've screwed with a valuable member of the community of people most likely to spend the most at their shop. Just because it was you they went out of their way, any of us, we'd of been told to contact service net I'll wager.

Dang bros, I gave up. I really did not think anything was gonna happen.

THANKS TO ALL OF MY FORUM BROTHERS FOR YOUR HELP, POSTS, ATTITUDES, & ENCOURAGEMENT~! YOU ARE THE REASON THIS THREAD IS A SUCCESS~!

Hurray for a happy story... but I will say you went through too much trouble to get here and newegg should be looking at this very issue. They've screwed with a valuable member of the community of people most likely to spend the most at their shop. Just because it was you they went out of their way, any of us, we'd of been told to contact service net I'll wager.

My wife & I just talked about this. She believes (much smarter than me) that it was this thread and all of the activity and potential loss of customers that this thread can/had created. I think she is right. Anyone can start a thread here in the vendor section about a bogus deal.

eggcellent .. are you gonna get the extended warranty ? LOL :D

No,..I do not believe I will be doing that. LOL!

Wow, that's awesome Krag!! Kudos to Newegg for taking care of its customers!

Dude, it feels like a early Christmas...YeAH~!

Very pleased you got this sorted Krag. Weldone to Newegg! I'm sure everone here is glad you got a good outcome (after a long struggle) and apreciate your Thanks. It's like one big family here, lol. Merry Xmas:santa2::beer: May your TV live a long happy life! :)

Yay!!!!!!!! im glad to hear this went well, and i can understand why neweggs response was a little late and i guess they understand that they will get much more income if they made you happy. soo go newegg!!!!!

There's another lesson contained within this thread. While I usually feel that extended warranties are a crock in some cases they are justifiable in particular on expensive items but for example I wouldn't bother with one on a <$400-500 TV unless it was really cheap like $30 for 3 years. Anyhow the lesson is if you do get service from one of these extended warranty companies document everything including the service call, or if you send the TV off get documentation (pictures) of the problem. If Krag had gotten a copy of the tech's documentation from the visit which was later changed thus causing the claim denial he would have had some proof of shenanigans.

btw many credit cards extend the manufacturer's warranty for up to an additional year so check your terms & conditions.

Nice of Newegg to eventually come through, but it would have been better if they didn't wait until this semi-riot. Looks like they weren't going to do anything but need to now in order to save face. You have to wonder how many customers are getting totally screwed, though.

How come they sent you a 32 inch instead of a 37? Even if it's a better panel I would still be upset. You did give me a good idea of a small cheapish TV to get for my bedroom though (probably at a B&M). I may go find one. Be sure to post how you like it.

eggcellent .. are you gonna get the extended warranty ? LOL :D

That's freakin hilarious. :)
Nice of Newegg to eventually come through, but it would have been better if they didn't wait until this semi-riot. Looks like they weren't going to do anything but need to now in order to save face. You have to wonder how many customers are getting totally screwed, though.

How come they sent you a 32 inch instead of a 37? Even if it's a better panel I would still be upset. You did give me a good idea of a small cheapish TV to get for my bedroom though (probably at a B&M). I may go find one. Be sure to post how you like it.
I'd guess that it's already somewhat unfair to NewEgg that they have to take the hit for service net sucking... pardon my language, but man this thread really aggravated me.

It's probably a happy medium for both Krag and for Newegg... plus... a 32" 1080p would look nicer than a 37" 1080p as far as a computer monitor goes. I currently use a Dell 24" 1920x1200 ultrasharp and Westinghouse 37" 1080p side-by-side. The westy is very vibrant and beautiful, but the ultrasharp looks more my style b/c of the TIGHT resolution.

If I could afford it, I'd get a 30" dell... something like 2560x1600 I believe... which is more like 1600p.

I like the tight resolution style of things.

Krag, do I get some credit for reviving this thread? Can I at least get the extra power cord that you'll have? LOL :D

That's freakin hilarious. :)
I'd guess that it's already somewhat unfair to NewEgg that they have to take the hit for service net sucking... pardon my language, but man this thread really aggravated me.

It's probably a happy medium for both Krag and for Newegg... plus... a 32" 1080p would look nicer than a 37" 1080p as far as a computer monitor goes. I currently use a Dell 24" 1920x1200 ultrasharp and Westinghouse 37" 1080p side-by-side. The westy is very vibrant and beautiful, but the ultrasharp looks more my style b/c of the TIGHT resolution.

If I could afford it, I'd get a 30" dell... something like 2560x1600 I believe... which is more like 1600p.

I like the tight resolution style of things.

Krag, do I get some credit for reviving this thread? Can I at least get the extra power cord that you'll have? LOL :D

Bro, you do get massive credit. If you had not of posted in this thread after our PM discussion I wouldn't have a 32" Toshiba comming my way:bday::salute:

Man I love you guys! I was gonna give up but you guys wouldn't let me.

Lesson learned, right?! NEVER GIVE UP!!!! The customer is always right. I've been on the other end of this. My client got a little extra out of me, but he was very satisfied and ordered another PC from me b/c he loves me so much... same reason we keep going to NewEgg... customer satisfaction.

Lesson learned, right?! NEVER GIVE UP!!!! The customer is always right. I've been on the other end of this. My client got a little extra out of me, but he was very satisfied and ordered another PC from me b/c he loves me so much... same reason we keep going to NewEgg... customer satisfaction.

Yeah dude, I agree. Thanks man. I keep coming back to newegg because of the great service. I just spent $800 there in the last 2 weeks on goods. My first i7 920 came today from the egg. How do I know it is a DO chip?

Also, I got your mem yesterday. I will install it later this week.

Back