• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Service Net is yanking me around.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Nice of Newegg to eventually come through, but it would have been better if they didn't wait until this semi-riot. Looks like they weren't going to do anything but need to now in order to save face. You have to wonder how many customers are getting totally screwed, though.

How come they sent you a 32 inch instead of a 37? Even if it's a better panel I would still be upset. You did give me a good idea of a small cheapish TV to get for my bedroom though (probably at a B&M). I may go find one. Be sure to post how you like it.

Yeah dude, I agree. Thanks man. I keep coming back to newegg because of the great service. I just spent $800 there in the last 2 weeks on goods. My first i7 920 came today from the egg. How do I know it is a DO chip?

Also, I got your mem yesterday. I will install it later this week.

My guess is you know it's a D0 b/c you ordered it, lol... I could have sworn all were D0 now, no?

krag,

Hopefully you remember being in contact with me. This is Joshua from Newegg. I see that your thread has recently gotten new life and would like you to contact me again. I apologize that I have not posted a reply until now. With the Holiday Season in full force, we are extremely busy. It is truly unfortunate that Service Net denied your claim and I would like to remind the others in this thread that the contract is between krag and Service Net. Yes, it is a Service that we provide; however, we have no control over whether they honor claims or not.

With this said, we are in the business of standing by our customers so I would like to try and follow through with that. Please, at your earliest convenience, contact me at 800-390-1119 ext 25092 or [email protected]

This "Josh" is probably the same "Josh" I spoke to on the phone yesterday in my post about the cancelled order for the HP 24" LCD.

He's a good guy. Very personable in speaking manner and very professional. Hope he takes care of the OP in this thread.

Merry Xmas Josh!

glad you something out of this krag wow dead 37 that would suck
Rich

Yes, indeed my thoughts exactly. Good to see you again brother!

This "Josh" is probably the same "Josh" I spoke to on the phone yesterday in my post about the cancelled order for the HP 24" LCD.

He's a good guy. Very personable in speaking manner and very professional. Hope he takes care of the OP in this thread.

Merry Xmas Josh!

Yes, he is very cordial and handels himself well. He cordially dropped me like a bad habit before Godman revived this thread...LOL!

The replacement shipped out yesterday.

Attachments

• Toshiba 32 tracking.gif
    Toshiba 32 tracking.gif
    19.1 KB · Views: 276
Yes, indeed my thoughts exactly. Good to see you again brother!

Yes, he is very cordial and handels himself well. He cordially dropped me like a bad habit before Godman revived this thread...LOL![/QUOTE]

We all answer to someone...It is possible he was told to work on other issues since he was not in a position to make the call himself on how to resolve your issue...just sayin...

In my case, it wasn't "his" fault that my order at the egg got voided and it wasn't his fault their 3rd party supplier ran out of monitors...

^^ bump ^^

today is 30th, you should have it by now. Or are you so glued to the screen you forget to come here and post update?? :D

^^ bump ^^

today is 30th, you should have it by now. Or are you so glued to the screen you forget to come here and post update?? :D

Hold on, My wife is using it for her upstairs computer. Let me run upstairs and get a pic...

Here you go......

Attachments

• IMG_1764.jpg
    IMG_1764.jpg
    246.2 KB · Views: 243
Are you going to update your sig, or are you going to do a dual setup with a 37" and a 32" :)

Are you going to update your sig, or are you going to do a dual setup with a 37" and a 32" :)

No, the 32" is being used by my wife on her rig upstairs. She has a E8400 4gig ram and a ATI 4750. She likes it mucho bueno. :cool: I do to cause when I can't sleep at night I will just go into the other room and log in to the forums.

I'm surprised newegg did anything at all. If they had pushed service.net into helping you out then I would have been pleased.

I am angry at all of the people sending letters to newegg threatening lack of business when Newegg didn't do anything wrong but offer the 3rd party service. Newegg had no ties putting them into the service agreement and likely got very little money from the sale of the insurance contract (probably 10% or less). The fact that they went out of their way to view an offsite forum, handle the problem, and ship out a brand new TV free of charge (with free shipping on a heavy item) is absolutely phenominal.

I am used to seeing great customer service on easy stuff, such as a meal not being great and being comped or getting a broken $50 item that is replaced without question... but a whole TV? That they weren't even responsible for? That's 11 out of 10 customer service rating.

All of you people that can't spell 'warranty' and were sending spelling error ridden emails to Newegg about not supporting them should follow through with an apology letter. I just purchased a 46" LED Samsung LCD TV from newegg because it was $1499 after promo code and sale. The cheapest place other than that was Best Buy for $1799 + tax (around $110 for tax), which is a discount of over $400 (22% off). After reading this thread I know I made the absolute right purchase by going through newegg instead of Best Buy.

Congratulations, I feel honored to make a difference and wish you a merry belated Christmas. This was some good people power.

In response to vixro, I don't think they should apologize, the issue was handled, sure there was misinterpretation by some members but maybe that was required to bring this to attention. Not every customer is going to be lucky/intelligent enough to dodge this type of scam so in the end it hurts those who can do something about it. (newegg can offer a better 3rd party insurance or service net should reevaluate it's policy or tech contracting practices)

I think there is truth to the publicity and customer service feedback. I'm pretty sure service net is gonna get bad rep for having such a loophole policy and newegg was gonna feel it a little because they are associated. I feel more confident in newegg now that the issue is resolved but i'm not sure if I'd be strong willed enough to do what krag did, I guess not giving up is everything.

newegg is risking consumer confidence if they didn't take better care of this but they really shouldn't have(should have pressured service net in any form). On the other hand, I'd be more willing to spend at newegg to help them make up for any loss if they treat all customers this great, especially since we are the best kind of customers that keep this stuff alive and the oem's down.

ps documenting everything is a good idea as mentioned earlier in this thread.

Last edited:
I've just read through this entire thread and am pleased that newegg acted responsibly.

It disturbs me that some people thing that newegg went above and beyond when in fact this was not the case, it was a product and service which they offered and sold to the customer.
It is not appropriate behaviour to wash your hands of issues based on the fact that the contract is between a third party and customer when you sold the product or service.

The fact remains that companys such as newegg do not sell this products or services such as extended warranty based on concern for the customer, they get paid commission for selling these services, it generates them financial income.

If you sell something to a customer, even if it is a service provided by another then you should have the same trust and faith in it as if it was your own service or product, if you do not you have no place associating your business with it or offering it to your customers.

Newegg simply did nothing less than I would expect although I feel they took time to meet their moral obligations

I've just read through this entire thread and am pleased that newegg acted responsibly.

It disturbs me that some people thing that newegg went above and beyond when in fact this was not the case, it was a product and service which they offered and sold to the customer.
It is not appropriate behaviour to wash your hands of issues based on the fact that the contract is between a third party and customer when you sold the product or service.

The fact remains that companys such as newegg do not sell this products or services such as extended warranty based on concern for the customer, they get paid commission for selling these services, it generates them financial income.

If you sell something to a customer, even if it is a service provided by another then you should have the same trust and faith in it as if it was your own service or product, if you do not you have no place associating your business with it or offering it to your customers.

Newegg simply did nothing less than I would expect although I feel they took time to meet their moral obligations

CAN I GET AN AMEN !!!

same problems

Hello -

I don't post here, but I purchased a computer awhile ago from Newegg. My situation was almost exactly as Krag's. The computer worked for awhile, but then the display started having 'tearing'. I sent it in for warranty claim, as was rejected by ServiceNet. They claim I caused the problem, which wasn't the case.

Like many of the above posters noted, they have setup the warranty, as well as the repair service, in such a fashion that they are able to absolve themselves of all responsibility to uphold their contract.

My issue remains unresolved, but I just want to leave a quick note that Krag wasn't alone in this, and that I would not recommend purchasing any warranties serviced by ServiceNet.

Hello -

I don't post here, but I purchased a computer awhile ago from Newegg. My situation was almost exactly as Krag's. The computer worked for awhile, but then the display started having 'tearing'. I sent it in for warranty claim, as was rejected by ServiceNet. They claim I caused the problem, which wasn't the case.

Like many of the above posters noted, they have setup the warranty, as well as the repair service, in such a fashion that they are able to absolve themselves of all responsibility to uphold their contract.

My issue remains unresolved, but I just want to leave a quick note that Krag wasn't alone in this, and that I would not recommend purchasing any warranties serviced by ServiceNet.

How old is your computer?

Back