• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Prime81's New i7 Rig Build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
NB at 1.58 is way to high, for that level of OC 1.3 is fine.
What is your Vtt?... that contributes to the heat of the CPU as it feed the memory controller on the CPU.

TBH this is my first i7... so I'm gonna be doin some research before i start pushing anymore. I needa get out of the C2Q mind set and into the i7 mindset with voltages/limitations/temps.

Can't wait to see results!

--- Get Windows 7, you are breaking code of computer law by using a x32 bit with that flawless of a cpu!

Please get windows 7 x64 bit lolz

Keep us posted though

There is nothing wrong with 32bit. Actually, a CPU of that caliber would be suited to benchmarking, and for CPU benchmarks 32bit is much better.

Looking good so far. Keep researching :)

Well I adjusted some voltages around, held this finger just right, twisted this piece of foil around, stood on my head and well... nah I'm just kidding. I spent about 5 minutes tweaking voltages and was suprised to my results.

200 BCLK, 20 multi, 1.3v NB, 1.25vcore, LLC enabled, full phase power. This is not a 100% stable setting, i need to get my voltages fine tuned, but it looks like CPU wise 1.2-1.25vcore is gonna be plenty for 4ghz.

4ghzi7950.JPG

Back